Chapter 37: What shall we do? Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

At the bottom, I saw the ambulance and how the emergency services were loading the stretcher, the blue lights still flickering while hordes of onlookers had gathered there too.

I ran to my car as fast as I could that I had parked at the far end of the parking lot. For the simple reason that the largest places were there. One reason why I liked this fitness center so much.

As one of the few, it had parking spaces large enough for my car, a dark brown Toyota Tundra.

A muscle package from a car, a powerful pick-up truck that drove as softly and smoothly as a cloud. Except for the tropic, of course. I don't want to go out without my macho anymore, and Eren also liked him very much, even lovingly nicknamed him Arnie, based on Eren's favorite actor, bodybuilder, and governor: Arnold Schwarzenegger.

From a distance, I unlocked Arnie with the remote and the flashing signals gave me an idea of where I had parked him. I threw my bag in the passenger seat and closed the door behind me as I jumped into the driver's seat, where I just fished my phone out of my jacket.

When the engine rumbled after I pressed the start button, I lost no time and parked out, while my clever Arnie automatically connected and synchronized with my phone via Bluetooth.

As soon as I turned Arnie around, I saw the ambulance drive from the parking lot with the loud siren howling and I had trouble keeping up.

As instructed, I kept enough distance to the ambulance when I followed, down from the parking lot and up the main street towards the university hospital in the west.

When I was a good distance from the car and was sure I couldn't lose sight of it, I was finally able to take the next step.

"Hey, Arnie. Call Erwin Smith." I used voice control in my car to call Erwin because he had no idea what had happened. My car dialed the number and automatically switched to loudspeakers. The calling tone rang four times before I heard the redemptive sound that my call got accepted.

"Yeah? Mikasa? What's happening? I'll be there soon, no need to rush. "

"Shut up and listen! I'm on my way to the hospital right now. The ambulance is taking Nina there. She collapsed and had a high fever. Do you know anything about this?"

" WHAT!? Nina collapsed? Hospital? How bad is it?"

"I don't know yet, but I'm sure it's not a normal cold. She looked very weak and battered when I saw her and she didn't want to listen to me when I told her to go home. "

"Shit ... I think she really wanted to stay because she wanted to see me."

"You can blame yourself later. How is it now? "

"I'll be right there. Where do I have to go?"

"University Hospital, Western city."

"On my way."

Before I could ask for Levi he hung up. The fear in his voice confused me. Of course, it's normal to be worried and scared when a close friend is sick and even has to go to the hospital, but Erwin almost panicked. I had a strange feeling about it. As if Erwin knows more about Nina's situation than it seems, but at the moment I had to concentrate on other things. I can ask Erwin later.

After half an eternity we finally reached the hospital, where the ambulance followed the emergency room signs. I started to worry again because it meant that Nina hadn't woken up yet.

I searched for a parking space as close as possible to the main entrance and ran frantically inside where I registered at the reception and reported why I am here.