Chapter 15: Sickeningly Sweet

"Stay with me red." Logan's head dipped into my neck as I strained. His breath shaking, his grip tightening as he tried to stay calm. The red stains of my nightgown making him even more anxious. "I don't know how much longer I can stay awake." my vision started going black with every contraction. Not a moment after I'd let those words escape my lips I felt something change. "I... I think I need to push." Weakly sitting up with my eyes remaining closed. I tightened my fist in Logans. Logan put one arm around my shoulders and held me close as I strained again, a scream escaping my mouth. "It hurts..." I sobbed into his shoulder. "You're almost there." Was all he said as he remained stoic and quite frankly scared out of his wits. Clint stood on the other side of the room, wincing with every grunt and scream of mine. I felt the pressure begin to ease, opening my eyes I stared at Logan, "I think they're almost here." My wide eyes and panting gave him more of a scare, but more along the lines of what was really about to happen. "Barton, take my place." He told him as he moved to my legs. I had a momentary second of panic, though I knew what he was doing. "What? no no no, I can't-" Clint waved his hands and then looked at my pleading face. Clint swallowed and came to my side, taking my hand in his.

Logan picked up a towel and nodded to me, guiding me to push again. "Heads out." He said taking a deep breath and positioning his hands. I was excited, though I felt a fear come over me making me want to panic all over again. it was really happening, all at once the stray worries and thoughts hit me as I pushed again. My knuckles turning white and Clint having his hand crushed in mine. After one more push like that, I felt all the pain leave me. It was quiet, dead quiet. I could feel the room suffocating me and piercing my ears with the silence. Then there was a sudden breath, small and new. Then the sweet and sickening sound of a new cry. I didn't need to open my eyes to see them, I knew I was already in love when I heard them take their first breath.

Logan was sitting back and letting his hand drape the towel over the new baby's body as they struggled and did their best to flail in their father's grasp. "H-hey little punk," You could hear the choke in his throat catching him mid-sentence. "Welcome to the world." Logan looked the baby up and down, making sure they were safe and nothing was wrong, considering this baby was the child of two mutants. Clint had been quiet up to this point. "Congratulations you two." He let out a sigh of relief along with a smile following it. "I'll, see myself out." Patting my hand before standing up and pacing to the door and into the living room. I felt sleep and the remainder of the pain and fatigue setting in. "What do we have?" I asked. choking up myself. "A girl." The reply was blunt but I knew there was a lot running through Logan's head and he stood up and sat back down next to me. "You were somethin' beautiful." He cracked a smile then his gaze was back on our daughter again. I hadn't even seen her yet, and I could tell she was amazing from the way Logan couldn't keep his eyes off of her. His grasp was tight, though loving and gentle somehow. I could see him making a vow of protection in his head right then, I couldn't help but let another tear roll down my face as I set my head on his shoulder. He jumped at that, as I woke him up from the most enchanting of dreams. "Sorry I-" He went to hand me our daughter, though I stopped him putting my finger on his lips and stared into his eyes. "Don't be sorry, have this moment," I assured him that I was okay and I could wait to hold her. She moved in his arms, a sound coming from my daughter let me know it was my turn as Logan looked down at me. "I, think she's hungry." He said sheepishly, which was weird hearing that tone coming from someone like him.

"You're a good father." I hummed as I shifted the way I was sitting and then felt a sharp pain in my back. I could almost feel the color leaving my face. "Logan, I don't feel so good," I said in a shaky breath and fell back into him. I felt weak and limp, and most of all, helpless. I could feel the tension rising. Logan never put our daughter down as he picked up my body with one hand. My face was white. He looked down seeing red staining the bed again. "Barton! Barton! Get in here!" Clint stumbled to the door, Logan placed me down on the pillow. "Hold the baby. Red's bleeding out, I have at least five minutes." I could see Logan turning white at the thought. He went into the kitchen as I laid there, seeing the room spin as I was having a hard time staying awake, the darkness closing in on me.

The hard stomps of Logans boots coming back telling me he was panicking. "Hold this." He told Clint as he had a transfusion kit. We were prepared for this just in case, he bought a medkit that he had experience with within the wars, and hopefully, that would help. Taking a long needle and inserting it in his arm he took a similar one and took my arm in his hand. The cold metal making a chill run up my already cold body. The thick crimson liquid ran through a thin tube. It was weird, his blood was warm as it went into my own body. I hated the feeling, it made me want to gag at the thought. Though after a few minutes I started to warm up, then everything went black.