it's now or never ~ [ jawsh ]

[ requested by @SoftApollyon hope this is awesome monkaS ]

i try to make my way to the kitchen, trying to get away from the living room. why's that? there was many people there. and why's that? i am at a party that my friend cooper is hosting. he usually hosts every weekend and me, being a good friend, show up to every single one of them. though, i'm not entirely sure why; parties aren't really my favorite thing in the world, but i'd do anything to see my friends since i really do enjoy hanging out with them and they really help me out during the roughest times.

it was friday night and i was honestly surprised that many people show up to the friday parties since i thought they would just wanna rest after work or school or some shit. i guess i was wrong?

when i arrive, i'm usually talking to schlatt or playing some type of party game with carson. after a while, i get sick of many people bumping into me so i head over to the kitchen and hang there for the rest of the time, or at least most of it. that was basically my routine here. but now, i'm starting to think it's gonna change.

after trying to move past people, i'm finally inside the kitchen. i see the fridge and smile. i grab one of the many bottles and start drinking away. i walk to the counter-top and lean against it, looking around. then, i see him. 

everytime i'm in the kitchen, i always see a guy standing around the doorway. we'd always steal glances at each other, but never speak. not gonna lie, he was pretty cute and i wanted to talk to him. he always had the same drink in his hand and was laughing at something that happened during the games that people were playing.

my thoughts were interrupted by him looking back at me. i realized that i was staring at the guy for quite a while. he smiles and i look away, embarrassed that he caught me. he started walking towards me. holy shit holy shit holy shit -

"you like what you see?" he says, standing next to me.

"yeah, the fridge was looking great." what in the actual fuck did i just say?

"haha very funny." he says sarcastically, but genuinely laughing afterwards. his laugh was quite cute..

"i'm josh." he says, sticking out his hand for me to shake.

"y/n." i say, shaking it.

"so, not to sound like a stalker or anything, but i always see you here in the kitchen; how come?"

"well, as the party goes on, more people start pouring in and i feel like i can't breathe.. and people can be assholes and not know what personal space is. like i get that it's a party, but i really can't have random people breathing down my neck constantly."

"honestly, i feel you. as much as i wanna be here and have a good time with my friends, i can't help but distant myself from everyone and come in here."

"wow, there's something we have in common." we laugh.

josh looks at my bottle, seeing that it's almost empty, "hey, do you want another drink?"

"thanks, but it's okay. i don't think you'd find whatever i'm drinking at the table."

"what do you mean?"

"well josh, this right here," i point to the bottle, "is actually koolaid."

he blinks, "are you serious?" i nod, laughing.

"holy shit, now i feel like an idiot." he giggles.

"nah it's alright. cooper always keeps like a ton of water bottles filled with koolaid in the fridge since he knows i don't really drink much." it was true, cooper knows i was a bit afraid of drinking, scared that i was going to get addicted like some family members. so because of that, he keeps other types of drinks, mostly koolaid, in the fridge just for me. i really do love and respect him for that; he knows my needs and cares for me.

"i guess i have something to confess too," i nod, signaling josh to proceed. "this isn't alcohol either, it's diet coke." 

"well holy shit, looks like we have something else in common: we don't drink at parties." we laugh for a bit, soon stopping to look at each other. i took this time to look at his features. he had really nice eyes, his cheeks seemed to turn pink everytime me make eye contact, he was tall- pretty tall, though i really didn't mind. 

i decided to sit on the counter. "so, how do you know carson?" josh asks me.

"well now that you asked me that, i'm starting to feel like you are a stalker." i joke.

"but he's one of my friends, he was watching one of my streams one day and we talked afterwards when i found out he was also a streamer. we kinda just hit it off and became good friends."

"oh nice, i'm also a streamer; and it's funny how we're friends with the same people, but we've never met each other."

we laugh and at that moment, foolsong by still woozy starts playing.

i gasp, "i love this song!" i sing along for a bit and look at josh, who is smiling at me. i continue singing, only this time, i grab josh's shoulders and pull him towards me. i move him to where he's standing in front of me, his back facing me. i wrap my arms over his shoulders and sway our bodies, making him laugh.

as the song ends, i keep my arms where they are and lay my head on his shoulder, my face in his neck. he doesn't seem to mind it, instead, he leans his head softly on mine and grabs my hands.

even though we started talking tonight, i already feel comfortable with him. it felt as if i could trust him so much, and i think he felt the same way. after a while, he lets go of my hands and turns himself around, but still letting my arms stay in the same place. 

"look, i'm about to do something and you might hate me for it, but i really wanna try it out and see what happens," he looks into my eyes, "is that okay with you?"

i nod. "okay, close your eyes." i do as he says and wait. "it's now or never." i hear him whisper before i feel a pair of soft lips on mine. i knew it was josh, recognizing the touch of his fingertips on my face from when he was holding my hands earlier. i smiled and softly grazed my fingers against his neck. he hums and wraps his arms around my waist; he pulls me closer, deepening the kiss.

we pull apart, only for air. we look at each other and our faces turn pink, though we laugh it off.

"i know we just met, but i was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tomorrow?" josh asks.

i hum, "yes." he smiles and our lips reconnect.

-

scoot has something to say:

fun fact: that's actually my favorite song = ) 

you should definitely listen to it !

also, this took a while to write so i hope this wasn't too bad ?

also ALSO, i love that i mostly write at night so people won't bother me during the day, but it actually fucks up my sleep schedule so ugh.