petty little things

I wish he would change his icon on the social media platforms we share. He still has the same avatar on every single site that he still posts on, an Illuminati triangle on a green background that looks like Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls. It's absolutely stupid and I thought it was absolutely stupid when I saw him pick it out all that time ago, but I didn't tell him then and I wouldn't tell him now.

But that's probably because we're not speaking, but anyways.

It's just, it's been almost 8 months since I've last spoken to him, and over a year since he's changed his profile picture and it's kind of stupid because at this rate I change my profile picture once a week depending on what mood I'm in.

There's no possible way he's still having an Illuminati phase. He had stopped making Illuminati jokes only 3 months into dating him. He's bound to have completely changed as a person, given 8 months have passed and every time I hear about him, it's like he is indeed a completely different person.

Which he is.

I'm a completely different person.

At least I think.

Probably not.

Maybe we are still the same people inside. But, all the same, the person I was a year ago is not the person I was now, and neither was he. My point is, people change, and it frustrates me to see that he doesn't change his profile picture ever, because the rest of him has seemed to move on and I just want to be rid of all the memories of what we used to be.

Yet when I see the stupid green triangle pop up in my Instagram follow recommendations, no matter how many times I hit the "x" not to see it, it always somehow pops back up, and I can't help myself but click on it to glimpse just how much his life has changed without me. 

Maybe it's a petty thought. But of all the petty things he's done to me, then maybe I deserve to feel a little petty sometimes. 

It's just frustrating.