Chapter 8: Feelings and a Strange Dream

Start from the beginning

Shantae nodded in understanding. Sky smiled and asked her first question: "Is Deku the only person who makes you feel this way?"

Shantae nodded. "Yes," she answered truthfully. "I've never felt this way about anyone before."

Sky smirked slightly. Strike 1, she thought. "Okay," she said. "Question 2: When did you first start feeling this way?"

"That's very easy to answer," Shantae immediately. "It happened when he saved me from getting shot by Risky Boots."

Strike 2. "Last question, " said Sky. "Have you told Midoriya how you feel about him?"

Shantae didn't answer. Instead she blushed heavily and played with her nervously. What is she talking about? She thought. Was I supposed to talk to Midoriya about this?

Strike 3, Sky thought with a smirk on her face as she saw her friend blush. Rottytops also noticed this and began to giggle like a schoolgirl.

Shantae noticed her friends' reactions and puffed her cheeks in annoyance. "Sky, Rotty," she exclaimed. "This is serious. This is no laughing matter. Please, tell me what's wrong with me."

"Oh, Shantae," said Rottytops. "There's nothing wrong with you."

"Yeah," said Sky. "It's as clear as day! You're in love with him!"

Shantae suddenly blushed bright red. "Wh-what?" She asked in disbelief. "That can't be right! I'm not..."

She stopped talking and began to think about it. Was she really in love with the green-haired boy? She started to think about all the things she liked about him. His smile made her feel safe and warm. The freckles on his face made him look adorable. His green eyes were bright and made her feel like she was special. When he saved her from Risky Boots, she could feel how brave he was. Finally, there was his heart. She could tell that he was more concerned about protecting people from danger, no matter the cost. That was when she realized one thing: She really was in love with him.

"I... I'm in... love," she whispered with a blush.

Rotty and Sky both squealed with joy.

"All right," said Sky. "Now that you're being honest with yourself, there's only one thing for you to do."

"What's that?" Asked Shantae.

"Just Midoriya how you feel about him," said Sky.

Shantae blushed. "How?" She asked. "How can I tell him how I feel about him?"

Rotty spoke up. "Maybe you're better off showing him, " she suggested.

It took Shantae five seconds to realize what Rotty meant. "WHAT?!" She exclaimed. "YOU'RE NOT SUGGESTING THAT I... KISS HIM, ARE YOU?!"

Rotty nodded innocently. "Yeah," she answered.

Shantae rubbed her fingertips nervously. "I'll think about it," she said.

"Well," said Sky. "Once you're ready, just do what your heart tells you to do."

Shantae smiled and nodded. "Thanks, girls," she said.

*****

Later that night, Shantae and Deku made it back to her lighthouse house. They were both very tired from all the excitement that day and decided to go straight to bed. As soon as Shantae put on her adorable pajamas, she went up to check on Midoriya.

"Hey, Midoriya," she called as she made it to the top. "Are you doing...?"

She stopped and sar that he was already asleep. He let out tiny little snores as he slept peacefully. Shantae blushed and giggled at the adorable sight. She carefully pulled the covers over her friend and tucked him in with great care.