Chapter 18: Shirt Return

Start from the beginning

"How did you find this place?" Shayne asks.

"When I was still in Canada I was on craigslist looking for apartments in LA and I found this place that said Meghan was looking for a roommate. We started messaging and she seemed like she wasn't insane so I took it." I reply.

"Was it already this nicely decorated?" He asks.

"Yeah, I don't own like, anything here except for what's in my room." I say.

"You lucked out." Shayne laughs, "You're kinda screwed if you ever get kicked out though."

I nod and laugh a little because he's completely right. The microwave beeps and Shayne grabs the popcorn. We sit back down on the couch and I scoot a little closer to Shayne so I can reach the popcorn. He scoots closer to me too so we're touching.

I feel his hand brush against mine and then he intertwines our fingers. I smile to myself and put my head on his shoulder. We stay like that for the remainder of the episode. A new one begins and Shayne turns to face me. I look up at him, removing my head from his shoulder. I know what's about to happen before either of us move again. He looks me in the eyes and then his gaze flickers down to my lips. He hesitates for a second, unsure of how he should approach, before pressing his lips against mine.

The kiss is so gentle and passionate but yet aggressive at the same time. I feel Shayne's hands make their way to my waist and I loop one of my arms behind his neck and my other to run my fingers through his hair, kinda like how it was when we were acting, but this isn't acting. I put one of my legs over his and then he lifts me fully onto his lap, his hands guiding my hips as I bend my legs on either side of him. After a moment we both pull away slowly, almost as if we were thinking the exact same thing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" He says softly.

I cut him off, "It's okay, Shayne. It's just... I don't know..."

He nods, "So, we'll just, put this aside?"

"Yeah... I think that would be best." I reply.

We look at each other for a moment before laughing a little, and then a lot. I slide off his lap and flop down next to him.

"I can't believe I just tried to make a move!" Shayne laughs.

"I can't believe I let you!" I laugh.

We're both just laughing at the fact that we kissed, which is strange because I liked it but at the same time, I knew it was wrong, but then why did it feel so right?

"I should probably go before I get a parking ticket. I'm pretty sure I parked in a no-parking zone." Shayne smiles, standing up.

"You should really try to pay attention to signs when you're driving." I laugh.

"Coming from the girl who doesn't drive." Shayne smirks.

"Touche." I say, he reaches for the door handle, "Wait!" I run into my room and grab his shirt, "This is the whole reason you came over!"

Shayne takes his shirt and chuckles, "Not exactly the whole reason I came over here but it was the prompt."

I smile and shake my head before pushing him out the door. He laughs and waves goodbye.

I close the door and slide down the back of it, like people do in movies. What just happened? I chuckle quietly to myself as I replay what just happened in my head.

My thoughts are interrupted by the door opening a crack before hitting me, stopping it from opening fully.

"Y/N?" Meghan says poking her head in the door, "What are you doing on the floor?"

I pause, "What are you doing home so early?"

"Is this what you do when I'm not home? You sit on the floor?" Meghan laughs.

"No, this is a one-time thing." I reply.

I stand up and brush myself off. Meghan looks at me for a second.

"Did you have a boy over?" She asks.

"Wha- How do you know that?" I stutter, taken aback by her question.

"You smell slightly of men's cologne. And there's an empty thing of popcorn on the coffee table and we both know you can't eat one of those by yourself." Meghan laughs.

"Okay, you caught me." I raise my hands up innocently.

She laughs and I go into my room. I close the door and put on music. I start dancing and singing along to it, using my hairbrush as a microphone. I try to recreate some of the moves they do in the music videos but fail every time, I don't care though.

I'm interrupted by my phone ringing, I turn down my music and answer it, it's Courtney.

"Shayne just told me you guys kissed!" She says excitedly.

"Already? That happened like, fifteen minutes ago." I laugh.

"He's one of my best friends and I'm his love advisory. He has to tell me these things so I can keep a stable database of his love life so he doesn't fall into a hole of loneliness." Courtney explains.

"Um okay, that's kinda weird..." I say.

"So, how was it? Was he good? I've sent him a few videos in the past on how to kiss but I don't know if-"

"He was good, it only happened for a second though, and then we both agreed that we shouldn't be kissing and then I kicked him out, lovingly though." I laugh.

"What? Ugh, okay. I have to make a few adjustments to my graphs." Courtney sighs, "I'll see you tomorrow, do you want a ride?"

"Sure, that'd be great. Bye, love you!" I say.

"Love you too!" Courtney says back and I hang up.

I used to be a huge Shourtney shipper before I actually started working at Smosh, now I see how strange their relationship is and how they really would never work. I turn my music back up and dance until I'm too tired to move anymore. I may not be good at dancing, but I have fun doing it, and that's the whole point, right? Dancing also helps take my mind off things, but this time, my mind is still racing with one thing; Shayne.