Chapter 28: End of Year Feast

"You wanted to see me Professor?" (Y/n) asked as he walked into the office.

"Yes, please take a seat (Y/n)" he said gesturing to a comfortable looking chair on the other side of Dumbledore's desk.

"How are you feeling?"

"Well not much below the elbow." (Y/n) said with a grin.

(Y/n) took a seat, grateful to be off his feet. "I'm sure you must have more than a few question for me"

"Only one sir, did you know about Ben?" Dumbledore let out a breath, and the stood up from his desk.

"Wands are very similar to people Mr (L/n)" Dumbledore started, and (Y/n) thought it seemed very off topic.

"Just like people they too can have brothers" Dumbledore pulled out his own wand and and (Y/n)'s. "Mr Potter picked yours up for you" he explained.

He then went back to talking about wands. "When two wands have cores from the exact same creature, they are said to be brothers

"Now just like you and Ben they can be completely different, giving their allegiance to different people, and different kinds of people.

"Sometimes these wand can be the exact opposite of each other, some will align to the strongest witch or wizard they can find"

Dumbledore brandished his own wand forward.

"And others will stay true to their witch or wizard"

Dumbledore pulled his wand back and brandished (Y/n)'s wand forward.

"These two wands, these brothers will be able to recognize each other.

"One day I fear you will be reunited with your brother, and just like these wands you two will recognize each other, just remember when this happens, when the time comes your brother will not hurt you."

(Y/n) was still groggy and his body was aching still, and because of this he didn't listen to Dumbledore as closely as he should have.

"I'm sorry, but you never answered my question" (Y/n) said, not understanding why Dumbledore had told him this.

"I had my suspicions about Ben, and I knew if he ever found out the truth he wouldn't take kindly to it. Though I would never have imagined that he would join Voldemort"

Dumbledore looked melancholy, and (Y/n) could've sworn he looked defeated.

"Well if that's all the questions you have, I think it would be best to return to your common room, I'm sure your friends must be worried about you."

He handed (Y/n) his wand back.

"Thank you sir" (Y/n) said getting up slowly form his chair, and heading towards the Gryffindor tower.

Once he arrived he found Harry, Ron and Hermione waiting for him. 

"How are you feeling (Y/n)?" Harry asked him.

"Yeah I'm alright" he said with a tired smile. He quickly sank into the couch, once more glad to let his body rest.

"What did Dumbledore want to talk to about?" Hermione asked him, sitting next to him.

"No idea something about wands" (Y/n) said truthfully, as he didn't quite understand what Dumbledore had told him, or why for that matter.

"Anyway what about you Harry? Are you okay?" (Y/n) asked him.

"Yeah, Moody or Well I guess Crouch's son was given to the dementors, and Fudge is denying what I'm saying"

(Y/n) held up his stump. "And how do they explain this? I literally lost an arm!"

Harry just shrugged. "Oh yeah" he said pulling out a small bag. "This is yours, your share of the winnings"

(Y/n) took it, but he couldn't care less about it. With everything that had happened money was the least of his concerns.

A few days later and it was the final feast of the year, except this year instead of being decorated in the colors of the winning house, the hall was decorated in black. Just as (Y/n) had seen it last year.

"Hermione" he whispered to her as they sat down. "There's something I need to tell you after the feast"

She nodded at him, seeing the serious look on his face.

Dumbledore gave a speech about the events and about Cedric, but (Y/n) wasn't paying too much attention.

He knew that if the prophet was against Dumbledore then nothing he could say, despite the facts and evidence would change their minds.

He looked around the hall, thinking; wondering how many of the people around him would disregard Dumbledore, ignore the evidence just because they want to refuse that Voldemort is back, even if it cost them their lives.

Eventually the feast was over, and as everyone left the hall to pack and get ready for the train, (Y/n) pulled Hermione to the side.

"What's up (Y/n)? Everything alright?" She asked him.

(Y/n) thought it was best to be honest with her. "No. No everything is not alright. I saw this happen. Last year in the crystal balls."

Hermione stared at him for a bit, and he could tell that she didn't believe him.

"I know it sounds crazy but I saw this, I saw the goblet of fire, I saw the Yule Ball, I saw the exact robes that I would wear and I even saw the Great Hall decorated all in black"

Hermione was quiet for a while thinking, and when she finally spoke it was with an air of cation, as if she was choosing her words carefully.

"(Y/n), I'm sure these some kind of explanation for this. I mean did you see that it was Cedric who would die?"

"Well no not exactly"

"And do you see that your name and Harry's name would come of off the goblet?"

"No I didn't see our names"

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, you may have actually seen something or it may have been a coincidence. I mean I'm sure there are real seers out there but..." her voice trailed off.

"There no real way of knowing till it happens" (Y/n) finished in a quiet voice.

Hermione took his hand and they walked back to the common room.

"Hey Hermione"

"Hmm" She said in reply.

"If you were an angle you'd be less than ninety degrees."

"(Y/n)?" Hermione said slowly "are you feeling alright?"

(Y/n) smiled stupidly "because you're aCUTE angle" he said laughing.

Hermione smiled and giggled.