Chapter 16

Molly found herself at Morioh Harbour once again, bidding goodbye to Joseph and Jotaro. They had agreed that Molly would be joining them in the states later on, she had some unfinished business back in Morioh to take care of first. Kakyoin and Josuke had joined her to bid goodbye to the two Joestars, and Molly was practically a sniffling mess upon arrival.

"Come on Molly, it's not forever" Kakyoin chuckled and remarked in a teasing tone, to which she responded with a playful pout "Plus, you've got me keeping you company" he added and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"And me!" Josuke added with a goofy grin.

"I-I know..." she mumbled and steered her gaze up to Jotaro's face, and the tears started to really burn in the corners of her eyes. With one swift motion she jumped into him and buried her face in his chest, wrapping her arms around his back. Jotaro let out a small grunt upon contact, but quickly recovered and wrapped one arm around her back and the other one tangled into her hair. He pressed tender kisses to the top of her head while she quietly sniffled into his jacket.

"Good grief woman, you'll see me again in a few weeks" he muttered in an uncharacteristically gentle tone. Truth be told, he really didn't want to be away from her for a single second. What if something happened when he was gone? Would she be safe with Kakyoin? He snuck a quick glance at the redhead who just waited awkwardly with Josuke for them to be finished.

"I'll call you every night" Jotaro cooed and bent down to kiss her on the lips.

"Promise?" she managed to whimper in between sniffles and kisses. Jotaro kissed her one final time before reluctantly letting go of her.

"I promise" was the last thing he said before boarding the boat where Joseph had been patiently waiting. The older man waved and shouted a goodbye, Molly, Josuke and Kakyoin mimicking the action.

"Damn, I almost forgot!" Josuke suddenly exclaimed and bolted off after the boat.

Meanwhile on the boat, Joseph was holding Shizuka in his arms and gazing out at Morioh Harbour, Jotaro standing next to him doing the same.

"Are you worried, Jotaro? About leaving this town?" he murmured.

"Yeah, a little"

"After watching Josuke and the others get involved in this incident in Morioh, there's one thing I can say. That the young people in this town have hearts of gold. The same hearts of gold shining with justice that we saw when we headed to Egypt. I saw that in Josuke and the others... As long as they have that, they'll be fine. We won't have to worry about this town any longer"

Jotaro just hummed in response, his eyes now focused on Josuke's approaching form. Joseph handed Shizuka to Jotaro and turned his attention to the son he was so proud of. Turns out that Josuke was just after the old man's wallet, rambling something about that a dad should give his son an allowance.

"You gonna take back what you said about him having a heart of gold, jiji?" Jotaro asked while perfectly hiding his amusement. Joseph's scowl quickly turned into laughter.

"No, I stand by what I said. Oh, and Jotaro. Don't worry about Molly too much, she'll be with us before you know it. Besides, she's got Kakyoin and Josuke looking out for her" the old man said and turned around to take Shizuka back in his arms, but stopped midway. He looked at Jotaro for a second and said with a goofy grin

"Babies look good on you, it's about time you get one of your own" and Jotaro could only hide behind his hat at his grandfather's remark. But he could not deny the feeling that bloomed in his chest when he imagined Molly holding their very own bundle of joy, much like he was holding Shizuka now. Babies weren't so bad, right? And he loved Molly with his whole being, so maybe, just maybe they could try being a family one more time.

He let a small smile form on his lips as he further imagined what his future with Molly would look like. And suddenly it was crystal clear, he knew exactly what he wanted to do.

"Jiji, I'm gonna ask her to marry me"

FIN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~°~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaaaaaah I can't believe it took me so long to write this last chapter, I'm so sorry. Anyway, I'll add an epilogue as usual, and then I'm moving this train wreck onto another book, wohoo!

Thank you so much to everyone who's read this far, you have no idea how much I appreciate each and every one of you!

Once again, big thanks and hugs

XOXO Pixie