Dominic and Alec knew who the former assassin Rafael was referring to. And, indeed, SHE would never do those things and she had long retired. More than two decades in fact.

"We searched and kept searching, turned every stone but we found nothing. My father became impatient and he went deeper into the underworld and announced he would be paying $100 million to whoever will bring us The Assassin. He found Antoine, he had formed his own gang. A small one but gaining status. The man my father treated as his son volunteered. And we were gullible. We were fooled!" Rafael laughed bitterly. "A few days later he called. Informing us he found our enemy. He and his men will bring him to us. Trusting him, we prepared the money and granted him access to our compound. We were gifted a trojan horse."

He was pacing now. Edgy. He was reliving the moment. "Did you know I had a younger sister? She was so innocent and sweet. We all adored her. She was the baby of the family."

Dominic's stomach clenched. Had. He knew what was coming.

"He double-crossed us. For revenge, he tortured me and my father."

Rafael removed his suit and he unbuttoned his dress shirt. Underneath his tattoos, he had scars, from bullet wounds and knives, they were faintly noticeable but if one would look closely... "These were nothing to me. The real torture was when he made us watch him rape my 12-year-old sister and mother. And then his men took their turns. They both died after. Antoine shot my father in the head, me in my chest several times. That was his fatal mistake. He should have gone for the head and made sure he had killed me properly."

Fuck! More reasons to hunt their common enemy. Beau, his family, and his household were his to protect.

"It took me a year to emerge from my comatose state. Another two to fully recover. And several years to build my empire back. By then, my men and I lost any trace of Antoine. Though I had personally hunted and killed every one of his men." His lips curled in a snarl.

"He was the only one left. I had been searching for him. I never lost hope. Until someone tipped his return to Mexico. Now, you know why I want him so bad." He took a huge gulp of whiskey. Then he began to dress. Silence reigned once more.

"Once we have him, I give you my word, he is yours to kill," Dominic uttered, surprising himself. He shrugged. So long as they get rid of that cocksucker, he was content.

"That is all I ever want, tzar," Rafael answered. Grateful.

"But I want the traitor in your midst killed." Fuck! Dominic hated moles and rats.

"Yes. You have my word. I'll have enough evidence in an hour or two then he will be killed."

"Good. Be ready. As soon as you kill him, we are going to hunt The Underworld." A few hours to prepare. That will be enough.

"You are going to need me then, my love. I'll have all the information you need in a few minutes then we can go." A familiar sassy voice spoke from the doorway. Damn! His detka.

This was the worst timing ever. And the answer was an absolute NO.

***

"Please, baby. You shouldn't be so stressed about this. Alec and I will be just fine. And I still have this." Dominic pointed at his wrist. "You can still monitor me from our office."

They shouldn't be having this argument. He didn't want her upset. After introducing her to Rafael, the men bowed and left them alone, sensing what was coming.

"But...I'll be in the car the whole time. Monitoring the area closer would be very beneficial. And...and...I could track him right away if he escapes." Fuck! He closed his eyes tightly so he wouldn't see her pout and her pleading eyes. No!