Chapter 1, The Nimbus Division

How I came to be part of this special forces division is complicated to explain. We were just all kids when our richest friend introduced the idea to us. Special ops training, advanced weaponry, and much more. It always comes to my mind on how we all passed the training. It's probably influenced by the 'Clone Troopers' form a movie called 'Star Wars' to train at a young age. Nimbus Leader's idea sure worked. Ten years old, we started training. Then here we all are now, 14 years old and beginning high school. After training finished, I expected immediate deployment, maybe that's what our equipment hinted us. For now, just let me explain who we are.

We are Nimbus Division, a special ops group formed after the imagination of our richest friend went wild. Might as well explain about the structure.

As our number is odd, we work in groups of five members, each takes an important role. Others are more specialized than others in doing dangerous tasks. Uniforms are the same unless you're a squad leader, that's when you get to wear a different suit of armor.

This picture above shows a Nimbus squad leader's standard uniform, it doesn't matter what squad you are in but customization such as painting or adding accessories that will not help during combat is forbidden

Standard uniform for Nimbus operators has no big distinctive features except the different gas mask. Just like for leaders, customization is forbidden.

Both armor suits have features that seem straight out of sci-fi movies and games. Jump kit and wall run kit give us the ability to move across difficult surfaces and dash to evade. Highly advanced sensors that can detect people through walls using thermal imaging and sonar technology. You name it, even a bulletproof tactical shield that comes with built-in armored glass. The armor is a whole new level as it has the ability to absorb a direct hit from an anti-material sniper rifle, it may leave the wearer unconscious but at least you are still alive... that's if you don't die from internal bleeding. I believe the helmet is made from the same lightweight but protective material to protect both the user and the nanotechnology installed inside it, the HUD provides visual display of multiple things such as ammo count, vital signs and display, armor durability, target assist, and much more. Aside from all the advanced armor, it comes with a 30 minute air supply and an advanced filter for hazardous environments. Due to the extreme conditions an operator might be deployed in, each person has enough supplies to survive 15 days behind enemy lines.

Each operator can choose between two standard loadouts, a Kel-Tec KSG tactical shotgun with a Glock 19 pistol or the TDI Vector and Desert Eagle Mark XIX. If an operator wishes to carry additional weapons or modify what they use, it is permitted as long it is within permitted weapons standards. I personally use a Magpul PDR-C submachine gun, H&K P8 sidearm, and Desert Eagle Mark XIX or 'hand cannon' for short.

Each of us operators of the Nimbus Division have code names depending on our personalities. Mine is 'Nighthawk', I probably guess it's because I don't go to sleep until 4 AM in the morning. Team roles are... rather different. Nimbus Leader set me as 'Negotiator' but to me, it's 'Deceiver'. My role is to extract information by pretending, something I do very well, it is also part of my special training. In all of the Nimbus Division, the person who knows me most is Josh Lazlin but also known as 'Volt', we're childhood friends ever since seven years old. He's a copilot for our squad's assigned Griffin-class Phoenix Gunship.

The Griffin-class Phoenix Gunship is the most advanced VTOL aircraft in the world

The Griffin-class Phoenix Gunship is the most advanced VTOL aircraft in the world. It has the max speed of Mach 5 and an afterburner speed of Mach 7. Heavy armor platings can deflect almost any armor-piercing anti-aircraft round and absorb several SAM rockets. Griffin is armed with a main full 360-degree rotation 30mm cannon that can fire 82 armor-piercing rounds per second. Other armaments include eight Hydra anti-air missiles that are more than capable of bringing down any modern fighter and four air-to-surface low-yield 5 kiloton warheads. It is equipped with multiple safety features to ensure that the occupants stay safe while under constant gravitational force. Each of the five squads of Nimbus all posses a Phoenix Gunship, although the use of its firepower is forbidden, this didn't stop them though from joyriding in safe airspace.

I've told you much of everything I can remember, Tomoki says it's bedtime. See you in the morning.