Chapter 9, Riverside Visit

"ETA: 20 seconds."

I hold my submachine gun down as the door opens revealing a riverside, if I'd known better this would seem like a special operation seeing how we brought all squads here, not counting that we also brought along several advanced computer systems and equipment boxes.

"Secure the perimeter."

As the pilots hover above, the rest of up grapple down the sides before rushing to positions around the area with our guns trained everywhere.

"Go, go!" I order my squadmates as we point our guns to the trees, up and down before pointing them to the ground. I return to Nimbus Leader who was in a conversation with Sugata.

"Good," he says before pointing to the main gunship, "bring the cargo here."

I'd wave my hand and have my squadmates haul a large container with several other smaller boxes in them. Sugata looks inside as Nimbus Leader explains their contents.

"Supercomputers, prototype electronics, we even took some of these from a raid a while back from Atlas."

"We literally almost got our asses killed there." I say to myself. 

Sugata would then pull him closer and start whispering in his ear, by how Nimbus Leader's face looked, he was in complete shock and maybe even a little scared, something I've never seen him make before. After the two finished, all squads were gathered together.

"Single file line, right face!"

In near complete sync, all the squads and their squad leaders would form up.

"I've brought you all here to announce the delivery of our new equipment, what you receive now will be added to your standard carry. Normally we would do this elsewhere but I'd like to do it now."

He'd open a container containing racks of Exoskeletons. 

(Production line photo.)

"These are the latest prototype Exoskeletons, XOS-10D model

"These are the latest prototype Exoskeletons, XOS-10D model. Their development started way back but were not put into use until now, this is because of a highly suspected growing threat."

He points to a monitor explaining their features, several of us look on in awe. To be honest, I never believed this was possible.

"Packed with an arsenal of tactical abilities, not including its base features, this should help level the ground of fighting against those who we do not know fully yet. Along with this is also another special weapon I'm adding."

Taking the crates, he'd distribute them to each squad leader before handing the last crate to me.

"The SGR-15 is an auto shotgun modified to fire its custom ammunition of armor piercing discarding sabot, high explosive anti armor, and armor piercing ballistic capped shells. Yes, these shotgun shells are shrunken down tank rounds which may seem like overkill but due to the data analysis on Ikaros this new gun is the most effective weapon we can utilize when fighting Angeloids on foot. Sugata, you may take the stage."

Sugata would step forwards, pushing his glasses up and looking at us.

"It's about time this information is revealed to you all. Recently with the deliveries I've received and my research, I've come to the conclusion that somewhere beyond is a "New Continent" waiting to be explored," he would point to a black hole on his computer screen, "and this is the way inside. The unpredictability of it has made any further research hard but what I have is enough to prove my theory."

Nimbus Leader would step forwards.

"When the time comes and Mister Sugata is able to find a way to that new place, he will be granting us access to it, we are then tasked with exploration of this "New Continent" under his supervision. Squad leaders, distribute the Exos and SGRs, everyone else, please use this area to practice using your Exoskeleton abilities."

Forwards to everyone finishing attaching their Exos and getting their new gun.

We broke off into the surrounding forest area to practice, I went alone to have enough space.

"Let's see here..." I'd open the display using my HUD as it's already linked with my helmet. "So I've got the basic enhanced movement and- WOW, that's a lot of additional features." AN: The Nimbus Exoskeleton is just a combined version of all CoD: AV Exos and their abilities.

Aiming my arm to a tall tree and firing the grappling hook I'd propel myself towards it before dropping the acceleration enough to rodeo run around the tree. Jumping off and falling around 100 or so feet the land assist would engage, seeing a bear below me I boost jump in midair, grabbing a branch on the way down then engaging cloak mode to sneak by the bear undetected.

Seeing how far I am from everyone I enable overclock and sprint back just in time to see that Tomoki, Sohara, and Ikaros have arrived.