Chapter 12, Panties = C4

"So let me get this right, Tomoki is requesting us to- remove panties from his house because they explode when he sees or touches them?"

Alex scratched his head explaining. "I know it sounds outrageous but this is due to those transport devices."

Nodding I boarded the gunship. "Guess I'll see for myself."

                                                               ___________________

Carrying explosive defusal devices and wearing additional armor, I entered Tomoki's window which has already been blown open. Before talking to him I scanned the room with my helmet and immediately picked up the chemical residue of several explosions which I traced to the fragments of panties on the floor.

"We got your call for help," I said approaching him.

Tomoki looked at me with sadness and disappointment. "I'm a growing man, how could she do this to me?!" 

Opening a secured case I began to place the untouched panties inside carefully treating them like live explosives. This is stupid...

"What are you guys going to do with those panties-?"

Looking sideways at him. "We're going to secure them first before having you detonate them in an open field."

I reached for his closet door but before I could open it, Tomoki shouted.
"NO! THAT'S FULL OF THEM!"

Before I could do anything else, I fell back from Tomoki pulling me but it's too late.
The panties fell down on us and Tomoki looked at them.

As they started to glow I pushed Tomoki back and deployed my arm-mounted tactical shield just in time as the fire from the explosion hit me. 
"SHIT- YOU WERE NOT JOKING!""

I held my arm up as the burnt fabric fell to the floor before looking at Tomoki.
"I'm going to have to ask you to wear this blindfold before you end up killing us."

                                                               ___________________

"Explosive ordnance is on route." I called in as a blinded Tomoki sat down next to the rest of Inferno Squad. 

The soft whirr of the gunship's engines became the background noise as we all sat, not saying a word.

"Where are you guys taking me?" Tomoki said with a hint of worry.

I turn to him.

"Classified."

                                                               ___________________

We escorted him down a cave as the cases of panties were opened and placed and various points against a concrete wall. The noise of footsteps echoed as my squad left us two alone.

I took off his blindfold and Tomoki immediately looked scared, seeing his surroundings.
"Why the hell am I here-?!"

Pausing for a moment and removing my helmet, I told him to face me and not turn around just yet.

"You see- we decided to take advantage of you being able to explode panties to use them as C4."

Tomoki looked worried.
"What are you guys needing some blowing up done?"

I shook my head. "That's the classified part. I can't tell you. Now turn around and look at the cases."

As the panties exploded I immediately blindfolded him again. "We're under the Appalachian Mountains..."
                                                               ___________________

Following a few hours we arrived back at Tomoki's house, I hopped down with him as the gunship landed and opened the door to his house now devoid of panties hanging everywhere.

As I turned to leave, Tomoki grabbed me by the shoulder. "You have to tell me what's going down there."

Looking down, I sat at his table and poured myself a glass of water.
"There are some things which we just can't tell you."

"I let you guys live in my house!" He protested. "I should at least know what's up."

"Fine."

                                                               ___________________

"Remember the day we found Ikaros?"

Tomoki nodded, remembering the events.

"Well a bit after I went to check that same area, that's when I was attacked by other Angeloids, two of them."

Looking surprised at me, he gasped. "Thank goodness you're alive!"

I nodded. "But my weapons barely did anything to them. It was only by the grace of the Division arriving on time that my life was saved." 

"What does this have to do with the... the Appalachian Mountains..?"

"Here's the classified part.." I said in a hushed tone. "There's a rumored area where literally plasma weapons and other shit is stored, it's important those weapons are covered and secured so one day we can use them to fight whoever or wherever Ikaros came from."

He nodded. "Well then! Sounds simple enough."

"Do you know there's originally six squads in the Nimbus Division?" 

Tomoki tilted his head. "I thought it was just five?"

I stood up, heading for the door but pausing before leaving.

"The sixth one went missing when they entered, no members returned, none was heard from them again, only their gunship and campsite was found but no traces of anyone."