rs • VIVALDI

our honeymoon
say you want me too

— lana del rey, honeymoon

requested by marmaladeskies67
something love-filled, happy ending, sharon tate style/vibe/aesthetics (especially her wedding). inspired by honeymoon

author's note
Honeymoon is one of my top favorite albums, so it's been a joy listening to it and writing this. I really tried my best to recreate that aesthetic and fulfill your request!

Also, sorry for the wait! I hope you like it 🥺💕

summary
Ringo is never invited on John and Cynthia's couples vacation with George and Pattie. So he takes a vacation of his own.

          He hears the shrieks and the pounding feet chasing after him, but the blood rushing in his head sounds louder

          He hears the shrieks and the pounding feet chasing after him, but the blood rushing in his head sounds louder. The Italian sun on his face is hot as he races through the streets of the beachside city, dodging the bewildered locals and skirting the shocked fans.

Try as he might, there's never a day off for Ringo Starr.

He's running out of steam, his breath broken in ragged gasps as he runs, when he spots the concrete steps leading away from the crowds and markets. He doesn't waste any time; the steps lead him down to a deserted side walk and a small alcove rests in the side of the brick wall. As the screams of the girl pass him overhead, he seeks refuge in the cool, shadowed niche.

That's where he meets Gia Leto. They'll tell the story for years to come, to their friends and family and to anyone who asks. Ringo will remember the flush in her cheeks, how wide her eyes were as she stared at the strange man leaning on his knees and gasping for breath. He'll remember the deteriorating plaster over the brick walls, the vines crawling through the cracks, the damp air, and her amused grin.

She's leaning against the wall opposite of him, arms down and palms pressed against the bricks. Her dress is white, fashionably short, and a pretty veil covers her hair.

"Who are you running from?" Ringo asks when he finally catches his breath.

"The groom," she replies honestly. There's a lilt in her voice, a slight accent to suggest that she may be local. Beatlemania has become a global phenomena so Ringo can only pray that she still hasn't heard of the band, or that maybe she just doesn't care about them. He doesn't have the energy left to fight off a crazed fan.

"And you?" she asks.

"The wives," he says with a heavy sigh.

Sliding down onto the ground, Ringo leans back, head bumping into the wall. It doesn't look like he can venture back up anytime soon; might as well make himself comfortable.