S I X T E E N : Avoiding

Start from the beginning

"who's crying? Why?" I flinched as Abby rolled in with everyone else behind her. I sighed and looked to the floor in shame. I can't exactly just say "oh yeah I just saw my best friend from my old studio and talked to her briefly about my dead mom I'm in the process of grieving" without ending up in trouble so I needed a good excuse to come up with quick.

"oh, I accidentally sprayed Florienity in the eye with hairspray" Lily blurted out, causing Abby to raise her eyebrows in doubt but she let it go.

I let out a breath before finishing getting ready for my duet.
(Costume change)
June:

 (Costume change) June:

Florienity:

Backstage in the wings, Alice helped me calm down a little better and we made small talk that would be unnoticed by anyone else

June and It's duet was first, then Brady and Pressley, then Hannah and Lilly's was last.

"judges our next entry is a teen duet from Abby Lee Dance Company - please welcome entry number 56, The Weight Of Your Love"

(June is in red)

Getting back stage, I lay on the floor panting with my arms above my head, my hands intertwining behind it to support it while I caught my breath.

June giggled with Pressley about something but I ignored it, closing my eyes briefly only to feel something cold against my neck.

I shot up into a sitting position and glared at Brady, grabbing the water bottle from him and chugging it down. He laughed and patted my head before offering a hand to pull me up.

The number before his duet came off - I told them good job even though I didn't pay attention before hugging both him and Pressley.

"Break a leg - y'all will be great" I snorted at June's y'all and she slapped my arm.