F O U R : The Opportunity Of A Lifetime

FLORENITY

It's been a little over 2 months since my mom passed, and it was all hitting me really hard.

I barely left for dance and was barely prepared for the competition this weekend.

Danielle had a photoshoot in LA that weekend so Vic decided to travel with us to Hot Springs (the one in Arkansas).

We were a few minutes late getting to the studio and Aimesly (the head coach) was a little irritated, considering she entered me in a trio, a duet, a solo, and the group dance as the lead and I already was behind as it is.

The trio was with two girls who were older and taller than me and none of us really talked that much.

The duet, I had with June. She is easily the best dancer on the team, in my opinion. Her facial expressions and technique are incredibly beautiful and she has such an outstanding stage presence that's hard to keep up with.

However, Aimesly has told me I've come close to June and almost match her in everything.

Except jazz, which I happen to not be very good in. I never really get to do Jazz but when I do I usually don't do too great. Myself, at least. I'm alot better at chorgraphing Jazz for younger kids but that's about it.

"Fuentes! Focus, hun!"

I blinked rapidly, bringing myself back from my daze as I realised we had started warm ups.

"Alright! On the bus ladies, let's go!"

We all grabbed our things and loaded the bus. I sat in the back with June and tried not to laugh at the moms trying to flirt with Vic, who ignored them by scrolling through his phone.

Once we arrived at the airport and got on the plane, I put on some random movie before I ended up falling asleep  with my head on Vic's shoulder.

When I woke up, I yawned and sighed as I saw we still had another hour or so before we landed.

I noticed June was the only other one awake a waved at her. She looked around her in our section before she slumped in her seat and stuck her feet on the back of the seat in front of her, witch cause the kid to turn around and glare at her. She acted like she was sleeping and I tried not to laugh as she kicked his seat when he turned back to facing forward.

It was around 7 am when June threw a bottle of something (not sure what) on my stomach after I said I was ready to head out for complementary breakfast before turning back over to sleep.

I opened my eyes and glared over at her playfully before dragging myself to the bathroom, only to see it closed.

"Kora's in there, Flor."

I groan and sit on the floor in front of the door. Luca walks past me and drops clothes and my towel in my lap, along with my phone.

Luca is probably my other favprite, even though she's not on the team. She is June's half sister, their mom make her go on all trips but I don't think she minds as much since I've been around. We both ended up always talking on the bus whenJune falls asleep.

I grin up at her and then fall backwards as Kora opened the door I was leaning against. We all laughed (the team all shared a room along with Luca) before I got up and shut the door behind me and getting in the shower.

Once I'm done with that, I get dressed in leggings and my team jacket and pull my hair into a loose ponytail.

Putting on a clean pair of socks, I get out of the bathroom to see everyone in the same outfit basically and gathering stuff to go get hotel breakfast.