Chapter 7

You woke up to an empty nest once again. Though Dik was still fast asleep in the corner of the pelts and leaves. Gunmar was nowhere to be found, but the sound of mumbling and groaning came from the long hallway. Getting up you made your way to the entrance of the room. The sound came from one of the deeper tunnels. Curiosity nagged at your back and you turned away your fear as you crept down the hall.

Gunmar had been grumbling to himself all afternoon. He still couldn't understand his feelings towards you, and now that he had you he didn't know what to do with you. "I can't get rid of this human now.. She is bonded to me.. ughh what was I thinking... " You peaked around the entrance. The only light being the glow that came from the troll's markings. "Um.. G-Gunmar... " You tried to speak, but it was too quiet. Cautious you came into the room. Gunmar still had his back turned. "Gunmar..?" You couldn't believe how brave you were being right now, lightly you tapped the tip of his tail.

"RAAAAAAAUURRR!!!!" With a loud roar Gunmar jumped surprised, his horns hit and scrapped the ceiling as his head turned to you. You had fallen on your back, terrified and regretful that you tapped him. "What do you want human!" Your throat was tight, and you couldn't speak. "Well!!?" You winced as his voice boomed. Dik had came into the room now probably woken up from Gunmar's roar. "I.. I.. " The huge troll lowered his shoulders. He was amused by your cowardice, but didn't show it. "I'm going hunting. " Said Gunmar, he stepped over you to go out. His tail gently brushed over your head.

"Wait!" The troll lord looked back, annoyed. "If.. if you're going out for food.. than I want to come" The large troll growled, "what makes you think I'd take you with me?" You put your hand on your head in thought. Then your stomach grumbled. "Cause I'm hungry.. " Gunmar thought about the time he'd sat with you in human form. He'd have to get another one of those potions for that.

But for now maybe he could still bond with you. "fine.. But only for this night, do I make myself clear?!" You nodded, and with the help from Gunmar you climbed his shoulders. The large troll presumed on leaving the cleverness tunnels. "What about me sire? May I come along on this..hunt?" Dik bagged, Gunmar grunted and allowed the smaller blind troll to climb on his tail. The night air was crisp and cool, the warmth from the huge troll's mane helped to keep you from shivering. An owl hooted in the dark and crooked branches.

Gunmar had set you down to stalk a deer. You didn't want to watch an animal being killed so you looked the other way. Though as you did you saw the lights from the city. This could be your chance to escape. Quietly you crept away. Gunmar had caught the deer and turned to come back to where he had left you. Gone, "HUMMANN!!!" He roared, you had only gotten a few feet away when you heard him calling for you.

Scared you booked it and ran for the road. The sound of trees and bushes being trampled came from behind you. You ran as fast as your two legs could carry you!! Would he catch you, or will you make it to the city!?
Find out in the next chapter!