Chitra smiled to herself as he continued to talk, so dramatically, waving his hands in the air trying to show her how he tried lifting the sword and how he fell down. It is a miracle, how such a sweet angel was born to a demon like Aditya?

* * *

Chitra stood baffled as her eyes fluttered in frustration. It was decided that they would ride on horses to reach their destination, Arjuna could have hired a chariot or a bullock cart, but no out of an universe of options he had to declare that horses were the only transportation they would be using. As he knew, he was well aware that Chitra is bad at horse riding, which would inevitably lead her to ride along with him.

The small stable behind the palace would lead to the centre of the kingdom and from there Rajan would lead the route to Devampura.

The more the number of soldiers, the more attention they would attract. Rajan was good with traveling and forests and Vikram was enough to protect the king and queen.

Sridhar insisted that he will go back to sleep after seeing Chitra leave but the moment Sirdhar's eyes fell on a small young colt at the end of the stable he ran and started petting him, the mother horse was right beside and was giving him a narrowed look as if she was silently warning Sridhar to stop petting her child, but sridhar being sridhar, started feeding the colt some grass.

Rajan stood in a corner checking the health condition of the horses they were about to ride and soon Nandhini and Vikram walked to the stable, hand in hand, Nandhini was practically sticking to Vikram making him roll his eyes every few seconds and Chitra stifled a laugh.

"Sridhar!" Chitra called for him and he  ignored her as he dramatically talked to the young colt asking if he would like to  eat more grass.

But when Sridhar saw Vikram standing beside him, he quietly walked to Chitra and hid behind her, catching her legs tight. Vikram scowled while Nandhini laughed, catching her stomach, well, we can't blame the kid now as Vikram actually looked less child-friendly. His thick beard and few scars didn't help but add up to his heavily built body.

"Our kids are angry at you." Nandhini said in a low voice as she looked at the horses.

Vikram looked bewildered as he suspiciously turned his head down looking at Nandhini, "We have kids?" He questioned.

"Yes, because you keep travelling they are not born yet." She smiled as she looked at him.

"I must have lost my brain that I have decided to take you as my wife." Vikram shook his head at her intelligence, she never leaves a chance to remind him that they are yet to be married.

"You just got lucky, I am the prettiest girl you will ever find." Nandhini flipped her hair proudly.

The stable was filled with quiet laughs as Arjuna walked inside, he saw Chitra trying to stop Sridhar from over feeding a colt, she was literally dragging him by his shoulders and kept taking few steps forward.

He suppressed a laugh and cleared his throat announcing his presence. Chitra was also dressed in men's clothes and her hair were tied up in a tight bun with no ornaments and she still managed to look beautiful like always. Arjuna always knew, Chitra's beauty was the one to add shine to the golden ornaments not the other way around. 

He can't stay away from her but neither can he seek her forgiveness for something which he had to do, it was his duty as her husband to prioritise her life before anything. 

Nandhini made her way to him and secretly asked to keep an eye on Vikram, so that he could come back in one piece for their wedding. She almost ate his ear saying that all the unfortunate bad luck in this world was revolving around her and Vikram, postponing their wedding.  

When it was time to leave, Sridhar quickly placed a long kiss on Chitra's cheek, gave a huge hug to Arjuna and bid his byes to the young colt saying that he will return with more grass tomorrow making Chitra facepalm.

Chitra awkwardly stood near a horse as Vikram and Rajan sat on their horses ready to leave. Arjuna walked to her and made her put her hands around his neck as his hands circled around her waist, lifting her up in the air.

And Chitra sucked in a long breathe as his cold grip tickled her waist, waking up those hidden romantic emotions. He quickly sat behind her taking the belt of the horse in his hands. 

The horse slowly started running as Chitra spoke, "We could have taken a cart." A light accusation was lacing her voice.

Arjuna's broad shoulders were touching hers as his rich laugh filled the air, he moved a little closer crushing Chitra with his broad frame as a familiar sense of warmth and musky scent engulfed her in.

He tilted his head placing his chin on her shoulder as he whispered in a husky voice, his soft lips touching her ear as he spoke, "I won't be able to have you this close to me then, could I?" 

And a thin shiver passed through her spine, not because of the cold night, but because of this close proximity,

Arjuna's lips remained there for a few more seconds and Chitra could swear it on her life that he placed a small kiss on her ear just before he bent back.

---------

Any takes about cutie-pie Sridhar? Or on our couple Chitra and Arjuna? 

Rainy season has come! It has been so cloudy and rainy that my soul is flying! What's your favourite season? I love rain ❤️❤️

And I Was wondering should I put up a family chart? Like every character with their roles? 

The number of votes and comments have increased compared to the first chapters! Thank you so much my everyone! Looks like our Ghost readers have decided to show their love( ˘ ³˘)♥

Stars shine even in the darkest of nights and you are a star, okay so come on my stars and press this yellow baby star🌟