10

[A/N: It's a new record- I've reached the double digits on a book. I've never gotten this far in a fanfic. I usually end up giving up around the fifth chapter but not for this one!]

"Okay we'll make his bedtime eight thirty and he's obviously sleeping in the spare bedroom, yes? Oh and I'll give him money for lunch too- except when he wants to pack then I can make a lunch for him but-"

"Harry?"

"Yes?" Harry looked over to Liam, who was currently getting dressed in his pajamas. Harry was actually really excited when he saw Louis but when Liam explained the situation in private, the excitement quickly turn into worry and concern. But he promised he would keep Louis safe, and do whatever it takes to make the boy feel secure.

"Calm down." Liam chuckled as he got into bed next to his boyfriend. Harry sighed and shook his head.

"Liam we have to act like parents. Don't you understand that?"

Liam playfully rolled his eyes, turning the light off before shifting to his side so he could see Harry. "Not really. We just have to be hospitable."

"Liam. He's not a nephew visiting. He's a kid, my student, who needs to be kept away from the outside because his parents are horrible to him and probably to his sister as well. He's not like a family member who can roam around the city when he wants to. He needs to be watched at all times."

Liam scoffed as though none of this mattered. "You're just overreacting. He'll be fine."

Harry was not only getting irritated with Liam's nonsense, but he was getting super confused. Liam, who's always so caring and cautious is basically telling Harry that if Louis went out by himself, he would be fine even though his idiot father could come up and do something drastic to him.

"No, you're under-reacting! You need to understand that anything can happen; you never know, Liam."

"Yeah okay. I'm dismissing this conversation now." Liam turned on his other side, back facing Harry which caused him to frown. He had no idea why Liam was acting like such a dick tonight. They were perfectly fine this evening. But why can't Liam just understand that Louis needs saving?
A though occurred in Harry's mind but it was stupid.

What if Liam is jealous of Louis?

It was a stupid thought. An adult being jealous of a ten year old? Yeah right. But it could happen; Harry has seen it in movies. But that was Hollywood, this is reality.

"Grow up, Liam." Harry muttered, laying down and shifting to the opposite side. He scooted as close to the edge of the bed as possible because he was pissed off with Liam's bullshit and attitude.

A silence enveloped them, with Liam's light breaths until whimpers were heard. Loud, frightened, whimpers. Harry furrowed his eyebrows and sat up, looking over at Liam but it wasn't him. He could now hear someone shouting "no no no" and "leave me alone" or "please don't touch me." Harry nervously chewed on his lower lip, quickly getting out of bed and quietly rushing out of his and Liam's room. When the whimpers and protests got louder, he realized that Louis was having a nightmare.
He walked down to Louis' door, his cat, Brita now following him. He nearly gasped at the sight of the sleeping boy when opening the door, seeing as he was thrashing around, ruining the blankets while trying to push away an invisible someone. He quickly ran over to the boy and grabbed his arms, shaking him as best as he could to hurry and wake the frightened boy. When Louis jolted awake and let out a small scream (Liam was not happy about being awoken), he let the tears freely fall down his cheeks and let Harry hold him as close as possible.

Harry laid down them both down, holding Louis and cradling him in his chest as endless tears streamed down the boys cheeks. They didn't say a word to each other, only the tears said enough for Louis.