Chapter 5

I have lots of fun imagining scenes and creating the storyline. It really gives me something to do. Unfortunately, this is going to be the last part of the story. Boo! Just a warning, some characters might be a little OC but how else is Ash supposed to realize love is a thing? Anyways enjoy!

To celebrate Ash's win at the Anistar City Gym, the group decided to head over to a local cafe. Everyone was cheering and having a good time with one and other, everyone except the boy who had won the gym badge.

Serena noticed that the usually hungry boy was not even touching his food. She knew that something was wrong and it worried her.

The performer wasn't the only one that noticed that Ash wasn't being himself. Dawn knew that something was on his mind and with her leaving soon, she wanted to make sure that he was feeling himself.

Dawn turned to the boy and smiled "Let's have a battle, one more before I leave"

Ash couldn't even look at the girl. "Dawn please not right now"

Dawn was mad. How could Ash turn down a request like that? Not only was Ash rejected a battle, but one last battle with her. Dawn just walked into the city out of frustration.

"Hey Dawn! Wait!" Yelled Clemont.

"Clemont let's go!" Said Bonnie.

Then, the two siblings went and followed Dawn into the city, leaving Ash and Serena behind.

Serena went to approach the boy.

"What's wrong Ash?"

He didn't respond, still looking at the ground.

"Ash, please you can tell me anything"

A few moments of silence passed. Ash signed, "I can't protect her"

Serena looked at him, "What do you mean?"

Ash stood up and yelled, "No matter what I do, I can't protect Dawn!"

Serena realized what this was about, the vision that Olympia had of Dawn in the unknown room.

"Ash..."

"Sometime in the future, Dawn is going to be really hurt and..." He stopped. "there's nothing I can do about it"

Ash walked away into the forest, not even making eye contact with the performer.

Serena just watched him as he walked. She knew that the only person that could make him feel better was the same person that he was so concerned about.

He really cares for her, doesn't he?

...

Clemont and Bonnie looked all around looking for Dawn.

"Hey Clemont, there she is!"

Dawn was sitting on the edge of a fountain. She was holding Piplup in her arms and just staring at the people walking right past her.

Clemont and Bonnie walked up to her and sat on either side of the coordinator.

"You know he's not mad at you?" said Clemont.

Dawn continued to look out into the city. "I know he's just thinking about something but I'm leaving in a couple of hours! I don't want to remember our last few moments together as him not even speaking to me!"

Bonnie put her hand on Dawn's shoulder and smiled "Running off isn't going to solve anything!"

Dawn sighed and looked down towards her partner. "I know, but I just couldn't handle seeing him like that"