Chapter 1

Hey all! I've been binging the XY series on AmazonVideo and so far I have really liked it! Seeing a mature Ash is so refreshing and I love Serena, Bonnie, and especially Clemont. The whole show is just great. I keep thinking how great friends Serena and Dawn would be and then my inner Pearlshipper came out and I had this idea. I hope you all enjoy. This takes place right before the Dendermille Pokemon Performance.

Finally, they had arrived in Dendermille town. Serena had been working hard for her upcoming performance. She had to make sure that it was perfect.

"Yay! We're here! I'm so excited for your performance Serena!"

Serena looked down at the little girl that was tugging at her skirt. She knew how much Bonnie looked up to her, literally and figuratively.

"Me too" she smiled back.

"Well what are we wanting for? Let's go!" Then, off went the boy that each admired so much.

Serena and Bonnie went chasing after him, like they always do.

"Slow... down..."

The scientific boy was tired. After all, they had been walking nonstop for a couple of hours. But it didn't appear that Ash would slow down. Just like always, Clemont ran (much slower) behind.

Once in the town, As looked around. Each town in Kalos was so unique and there were so many happy Pokemon running around everywhere. Here in Dendermille Town, there was a beautiful wind turbine sitting atop of a large hill.

"Piplup, I know you're excited for tomorrow but slow down!"

Ash looked around. That voice sounded familiar.

A piplup?

"Pip-piplup. Lup. Piplup"

"It's not like we aren't going to practice. No need to worry"

Piplup? No need to worry?

Serena and Bonnie were finally able to catch up to Ash. They looked around and started to take everything in.

"Wow, this place is so pretty, right Ash?"

Ash didn't respond. He didn't even hear the two girls come up behind him because he was so focused on finding who was talking.

"Hey Ash, what are you looking for?"

Ash turned to Serena and Bonnie and shrugged. "I thought I heard something familiar but it looks like I was just hearing things"

Little did he know that a certain blue-haired coordinator noticed that he was there and quickly ran to hide. Of course she was going to say hi but, she wanted to have a little fun with him before.

"Hey... guys" Clemont caught up to them feeling very out of breath.

Serena pulled out her device to pull up directions. "Let's head to the Pokemon Center to regain some energy!"

"Sounds like a great idea! Let's go" said Ash and off they went.

At the Pokemon center, someone was already expecting their arrival.

The group was giving their Pokemon to Nurse Joy when suddenly Ash's vision was covered as someone was covering his eyes.

"Guess who?"

The boy jumped a little bit. But, he couldn't tell who's voice it was.

"Is this Nini?" asked Ash.

This is not going how I expected, thought the girl.

Ash regained his vision and turned away to confront the person. As soon as he saw who it was, a smiled grew on his face. Pikachu immediately jumped off the Pokemon Center counter and towards a familiar face.