Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover: Pertemis

Start from the beginning

"Ow!" He shouted. "What was that for?"

"For saying we will die," Diana replied instantly.

"I was just joking," Percy complain and hold up his hands in an "I surrender" motion.

"Fine," Diana said, before going into their tent.

"You are no fun," Percy mumbled under his breath before following his girlfriend into the tent.

========== Line Break ==========

"Hey, Diana?" Percy asked the next day as they continue on with their journey.

"Finally asking for help I see," Diana replied back. Percy looked at her annoyed.

"No I'm not asking for help," Percy groaned. "Just saying that New York is near! We are almost there!"

"Hey," Percy said, realizing himself. "That kind of rhyme."

Diana rolled her eyes and facepalm herself. "Remind me again why I am stuck with you?"

"Didn't I ask you that question yesterday?" Percy asked, confused. He then looked around in panic. "Are you stuck in a time loop?"

Diana facepalm again. "No, you stupid male."

"When did I become a male again?" Percy asked. "I thought I was your boyfriend."

"That was before you get us stuck in this forest in an endless circle," Diana replied to him. "The second you get us out of here will be the second you become my boyfriend again."

"Okay," Percy said with determination in his eyes. "I'm getting us out of here."

He continued walking forward with his head in the map until he bumps into a tree. He looked up at Diana sheepishly. "Oops! Wrong-way."

"This will be a long day," Diana mumbled under her breath before she follows closely behind Percy.

========== Line Break ==========

"And," Percy started when they get out of the forest. "Welcome to New York!"

Diana sighed in relief. "Even I'm getting tired of that forest."

Percy just shrugs and continues walking forward. "Told you I would get us out without your help. As I heard someone said-"

"Someone?" Diana asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not important," Percy grumbled. "As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted-"

Diana coughed under her breath. "Stupid male."

Percy was about to continue when he heard what Diana said. He whined. "I thought you say I will become your boyfriend after we got ourselves out of the forest."

"Just continue," Diana demanded. "Preferably before I fall asleep."

Percy glared at her before continuing. "As I was saying before you said that rude comment. Anything to add Diana?"

"Just say what you were going to say," Diana all but shouted.

"Fine," Percy mumbled. "So as I was saying, someone once said. Don't judge a book by its cover like how you judge me because of who I am."

Diana rolled her eyes and commented. "Never thought I will see a day when you compare yourself to a book."

Percy smiled before taking her hands in his. "Come on. I want to see the surprise you have for me."

Diana laughed and follows him.

========== Line Break ==========

"This is it?" Percy asked. They stand in the middle of New York in the smallest apartment Percy has ever seen. "You said we are moving in together. How are two people supposed to live in this apartment?"

Diana just smiled. "Go in and see for yourself."

Percy sighed and open the door. What he saw surprised him. It isn't a one-bedroom house after all. Is probably one of the biggest houses he has ever seen. "WOW! How did you make this?"

"Magic," Diana said but then quickly added.. "And Athena helped."

Percy plant a soft kiss on Diana's lips. "This is the best gift ever."

Diana smiled before saying. "As my boyfriend once said, never judge a book by its cover."

They both laughed. Suddenly, a thought struck him. "When are you going to turn back to Artemis? I like you better as her."

"I am Artemis dummy," Diana, now Artemis said. "Don't you know that Diana never jokes around?"

"I guess,' Percy said before starting to explore this 'house'.

So as everyone now knows, don't judge a book by its cover.