Chapter 21: Home alone

Start from the beginning

"Hi." She whispered.

"Hey." He whispered back, edging into the entrance, and taking his shoes off.

Ella closed and locked the door after him. He looked around, surveying how every single light in the house was on.

"Damn. You're really scared huh?" He bent down until he was staring into her eyes. "Don't worry, Bennett. I'll protect you."

He hadn't called her that in a long time.

Ella slid her hand down his arm, wrapping it around his bigger, warm one. His eyebrows raised. "Let's go to my room." She pulled him up the stairs, getting deja vu to two weeks ago.

Ella let him in, closing the door and sitting on her bed.

He watched her, remaining at the entrance of her room.

"You're wearing my hoodie." He pointed out.

She hesitated before asking, "Do you want it back?"

"No." He answered immediately, his dark eyes raked over her figure. "It looks better on you."

He came closer and as he sat next to her, she noticed his hair was wet. She moved her hand over his head to touch it, stopping when he flinched. Her arm froze in the air.

"Are you okay?" She muttered, under her breath.

"Yeah. It's nothing." He shrugged.

She let out a frustrated sigh.

"Luke." He looked up. "Why do you dodge every question like that?"

He frowned.

"I... I don't know." He muttered, emotionlessly.

She changed the subject, trying to elicit a response from him.

"Lewis asked me on a date today."

His eyes sparked, and he got up, roughly brushing his hands through his hair as he paced. He looked upset.

"I said no." She continued. His eyes shot up to hers.

"Good." He said, nodding approvingly. "I don't like him."

Ella raised an eyebrow. "Is that all?"

"Yeah." He shrugged.

"Luke." She sighed. "Why did you flinch when I tried to touch you?"

"No reason." Another shrug.

"Do you trust me?" She inquired.

He paused, pondering her question. "I'm trying to." 

"Then tell me why you flinched. I care about you. I want to know." She practically begged.

He flopped back on her bed, onto his back.

"I'll tell you everything one day. I promise." He told her.

"Okay." She agreed, she could tell he didn't want to talk about it. She looked down at her fingers, playing with them.

"Ella." She looked up to find Luke much closer to her than he was before.

"Remember the last time we were in your bed together?" He said, giving her a goofy smile.

She blushed crimson, leaning forward and whispering against his lips, "Want a repeat?"

He pushed his lips onto hers, without hesitation. He was such a good kisser, she moaned into his lips.

His hands went to delicately touch her waist, as hers went up into his wet hair, knotting her fingers through it.

They kissed passionately, for a few minutes, and she trailed her hands down his body, slipping them under his shirt, skimming her fingers on his toned, warm skin. He groaned a curse into her mouth, pulling back for a second to look at her and then going back in to kiss her more.

After a few heated minutes, she pushed herself back on her bed, pulling off his hoodie, tossing it on her chair, and laying back on her pillows, propping herself up on her elbows.

Ella looked up and was awestruck at how exquisite he appeared; his cheeks slightly dusted with a light pink, eyes sparkly but as dark as ever, hair disheveled from her fingers running and pulling through it, and his lips swollen and rosy from her kisses.

"You should stay the night." She whispered. His eyes widened.

"Not like that!" She clarified, turning red. "We can just cuddle, if that's okay?" She mumbled, shyly.

"I'd like that." He said, mouth turning up into an adorable smile.

Luke laid next to her, pulling her duvet over them, snuggling his head into the crook of her neck. He smelled so good, his usual scent of vanilla and comfort. She wrapped her arms around him pulling him closer.

They fell asleep like that, intimately, and each thinking about the other.

a/n enjoy and vote