𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

-This story takes place in a medieval-like fantasy world and often may have sexist themes, this does NOT mean I support those ideas.
-It also has a yandere male lead, yanderes are something I write for a lot but these actions should not be considered okay in real life, partners in a relationship should be equal and if you ever find yourself in a situation where your significant other is controlling them leave that relationship immediately, that is not healthy or please contact help.

She only let her grip on his shirt collar when a few moments passed and the air lacking in their lungs.

"I missed you..." [name] mumbled, her [eye color] eyes peering into his honey brown ones.

Mattias could only stand there, rubbing circles into her back to offer what little comfort he could. His eyes examining the condition [name] was in, he could only wonder what had happened.

"I'm being followed." It was a sudden statement, leading the now wide eyes male to stop all he was doing and now looking straight at [name], a look pleading an explanation of some sort.

"I'm not fully certain who sent them but they've been following me for a while now, that's why I waited until now to greet you, there's no way to climb up to the second floor no matter how skilled you are and they can't hear us as long as we keep our voices down." She whispered into his ear as her arms snaked around his figure.

"Let's run away together." [name] had a way of surprising him, time and time again, you could never know what was going to be coming out of that mouth of hers, she was unpredictable in many way, even after all this time Mattias could still not understand what went on in her head.

A loud exhale escaping his lips as he buried his head in the crook of her neck.

"You know I'll do whatever you want [name]... But I think this is too rash, there's a person following you, I think it's best you don't do anything that may arouse their attention, what if they try to hurt you?" It hurt him to say, to deny the person he loves the most of the freedom they have always longed for but he could not afford to put you in danger in such a situation, at least not yet.

"Let's wait for a while, when the time is right, then we can go." He muttered as his hand moved to her head, giving her soft pats as a means to comfort.

Their peace interrupted by [name]'s maid as she called for her mistress.

"It seems you'll be leaving now."

"Yeah... next time, let's run away for real next time." She said, hesitantly releasing her grip on him.

"If that's what you want..." Mattias whispered before giving her a small parting kiss, muttering a faint 'I love you' in his saccharine sweet voice before opening the door for her, not wanting to arouse any more suspicion.

He gathered all the children at the front garden to give their farewells to [name] as she entered her carriage, not wasting a single moment before propping herself in the cushioned seat, an exhausted exhale escaping her lips.

"I hate children...."

/

Down the southern border of the Empire, the conflict had calmed down, the audience with the Ilyak kingdom gone smoothly and only rouge soldiers and bandits left to handle. Part of it due to the First prince's conversation skills and fluency in their language. Lucius while not outstanding in swordsmanship like his brothers, excelled in diplomacy and intimidation wether through bluffing or truth.

"The hell do they think they are? Did I look like some fucking tool to them?" Lucius said.

"Calm down, you'll get high blood pressure at this rate." Theodore retorted, taking a sip of the hot tea set in front of him.

"Will we have to return now that everything is settled...?" Asked Augustus, he felt out of place with the latter two, serving no real purpose there, simply having been pushed by his mother.

"What? Miss your mommy already?" Lucius laughed.

"Even if the Ilyak people have been dealt with there's still plenty of enemies within and there's the matter of replacing the nobles that little old Theo thought would be a good idea to kill. I swear you two are so much work." Lucius said, his head resting against his hand as he swirled the cup of tea in front of him.

The brothers were a sight to be seen, enemies in all sense but personal, put against eachother since birth as puppets to a bigger picture.

Lucius, unnerved by the solemn atmosphere decided once again to break the silence.

"On another note, Theo, that lady you like sure is a character." The blond immediately perking up at the mention of [name].

"I saw her before I came here, she looked disgusted at the mere sight of me." He said holding in his laughter.

"Quite the expression she had, but her acting is terrible."

"Acting? What are you on about, you bastard?" The blond grumbled.

"Sigh. Lucky me, to have such a fool for a brother. You're bound to be betrayed one day, women are complicated.

Who am I kidding you're just as complicated as one yourself." He said, his mocking tone not unrelenting even once.

Theodore simply sat there, Lucius never bothered to dress his words like others did, often saying even the cruelest things with a straight face however if there was one thing he knew it was that his elder brother never said anything wrong. He was the one with the most real word experience among the three after all.

"You need not worry about that, I already have someone who is... taking care of it." The blond replied.

"Ah... so that was you? You might want to get someone with a bit more skill next time, anyone who knew what they were looking for could find him. I've seen better work from amateurs."