Chapter 13

Jack nudged me and Colin grinned. We each headed to our cabins and changed into our costumes. I stepped outside and saw campers everywhere, all dressed in bright colors. It seemed like the entire camp was going to a superhero convention. I followed everyone to a large field where airplanes were waiting for us. I soon meet up with Colin, Julie, and Jack. We were handed parachutes.

"What are these for?" I asked Julie

She replied, "They are for when we jump out of the airplanes! You can't expect airplanes to randomly land in the middle of Verona, do you?"

"However, Rebecca, you could fly there if you want," said Julie.

I quickly responded, "No, no, no. I am not good enough yet. I...I think i will take the airplane."

"Jack, I think you should take the airplane as well. You know, because this is our first time fighting crime together," Colin said.

"Ok..." Jack agreed reluctantly.

We all step onto airplane number five and strap ourselves into the seats.

"You excited?" Julie asks me.

"Sure..." I reply, without really paying attention to her. The plane takes off and we fly very quickly, going over lots of bumps.

"Who is flying this thing?!?!?" I scream over the sound of the engines.

"AUTOPILOT!!!" Jack yells back.

A robot voice says over the speakers, "You are currently above the Roman Arena. Please line up near the door at the side of the plane. You will jump out in 3 minutes."

I fumble to get out my backpack with the parachute inside. I line up at the door behind Colin and Julie. Jack is behind me, along with many other campers. The side of the airplane opens up and I put on my goggles.

The speaker instructs, "Each of you will jump out one by one. Ok, first one in line jump out."

Colin jumps out while yelling at the top of his lungs, "GERONIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Ok, next one in line jump out."

Julie jumps out.

"Ok, next one in line, jump out."

I step back, and run. I jump and feel the wind rush past me.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!"

I pull the string on my backpack and immediately stop falling. I float slowly down, while admiring the view of Verona. Soon, I land in the middle of the arena and contemplate how similar it is to the Colosseum. Jack then lands on top of Colin. We all exit the Roman arena. "What now?" I ask.

"Well, maybe we could fight that giant robot over there, "Julie suggested while pointing to the city.

The robot was huge, rising above the buildings.

"Why not?" Colin says. Jack runs there and then runs back. "Oki doki..."

He lifts me onto his back as if he were to give me a piggy back ride. "Hold on!" He warns me and then we shoot off into the direction of the city.