Chapter 10

Running toward the dinning hall, I dodged several flying frisbees.  Then a ball hit my arm and I fell down.

"I'm so sorry! Are you hurt?" said a boy as he ran up to me.

I looked up and noticed that he had wavy blond hair and blue eyes. I nodded, picked myself up and rubbed my arm. I suddenly remembered that I was in a rush and started to walk away. Then I remembered. I turned around, smiled, and began to fly towards the dining hall, glancing back at the boy. He seemed impressed at the fact that I could fly.

I soon arrived at the dining hall and landed near the door. Unfortunately I also ran into the person at the end of the line.

"Watch it!" she exclaimed.

"Sorry! I was flying but I lost my balance as I landed," I stammered, embarrassed.

I looked closer at her and I noticed something mesmerizing about her...

"You're that new girl aren't you? From yesterday," she asked me in a snobby tone.

"Um...Yeah. That's me..."

"Ugh."

She turned around and started piling food on her plate. I did the same. Then she walked towards a table where there were other girls that looked equally snobby. They were whispering and pointing towards people. One of them said something and they all laughed, as if they were mocking something. I headed in the opposite direction and sat down with Julie, Jessie, Sasha, Anna, and Mia. 

"Who's that girl over there that just sat down?" I asked, pointing towards her.

"Oh. That's Lexie. She's not a person you would call nice. Just avoid her," Anna said, disgusted.

"What's her power?" I asked.

"Mesmerization. She can hypnotize people. She makes people think highly of her and wanting to serve her. She likes to abuse her superpower by making people do things for her," Anna explained.

"And make her look good," Mia piped in.

"Oh, I hate it when she does that!" Jessie complained.

I looked quizzically at her.

"I remember that!' Sasha exclaimed. "Here is what happened. Jessie walked into the dining hall. There was a food fight going on that Lexie had started because somebody said that her skirt was ugly. Jessie, who was not trying to get involved, felt a meatball land squarely on the back of her neck. She then threw the meatball back. At that moment, Silvia entered the dining hall and saw Jessie throwing the meatball. Silvia then accused Jessie of starting the food fight! Jessie said that Lexie started it.  Meanwhile, Lexie used her powers to make Silvia believe that Jessie was the one who started it all. As a result, Jessie had to clean the entire dining hall.  She was punished for something she did not start.  It took her about four hours. She also had to do the dishes for two weeks."

"It was horrible," Jessie said, annoyed.

"I can only imagine," I say, looking at Lexie's table. I decided to avoid with her.