Chapter 33 - Fix What We've Broken

Start from the beginning

I scoffed. "Keep reminding me that, I won't help you with your task."

Brody immediately turned to me with a widened eyes. "I'm sorry. You're my best friend. My only best friend. You make me happy when tasks are so hard. You'll never know Castello, how much I love you. Please don't stop helping me."

I pursed my lips trying to hold back a laughter, "Did you just sang You're My Sunshine? I hate you."

Instead of answering, Brody winked at me.

The class was hard as usual since I have no talent in math, but as Brody revealed before, he is pretty talented in math. He has been explaining to me what we were discussing because I was lost. Numbers and Serena just aren't meant to be.

Claire's POV

Claire's POV

"I'm surprised you haven't said a thing about Dean and Serena's interaction this morning," I said as me and Clayton walked to Chemistry class.

"I don't feel the need to," He answered and shrugged. "It's not true anyway."

"Yeah, but knowing you, you probably would've clinged to Serena and freak out, especially it's Dean. I was surprised when you didn't say anything. You know, since you're so loud," I explained.

"I was loud?" He asked raising an eyebrow and I nodded.

"You didn't know?" I asked back and chuckled. "Anyway, I'm telling you this because I think you deserve to know, me and Serena are going to fix our friendship with Dean. We think it's for the best."

He nodded. "Sure. Do whatever you think is right."

"You don't mind?" I asked cautiously.

He shook his head. "Why should I? I hated the way he treated Serena back then and you know, she was really hurt so that's why I defended her but it isn't my place to tell her what to do or not to do. If she wants to be friends with him again, then she should. And let me remind you, we're not really together right now."

I nodded and smiled. That was really mature of him. I patted him on the back, "See? You've changed. For the better," He smiled at me. "Now maybe, you should fix your friendship with my brother."

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah good luck with that. He hates me and I hate him."

I raised an eyebrow, "I beg to differ. There's a thin line between love and hate."

"Keep begging."

I can't argue with this guy.

We took the seat at the back of the class and waited for the teacher to come. Chemistry is fortunately in my forte so I enjoy this class, meanwhile Clayton just told me that everything related to science is not his forte.

"What are you good in anyway?" I asked. "I mean, what subject do you ace?"

"P.E," He said beaming with confidence. "My grades are always on borderline. It's always leaning towards below average, but I managed to pass every single time. Thanks to football, teachers kind of let me off the hook."

I nodded. "I see. Well, it's not wrong that you've contributed a lot to this school's football team."

He just nodded with crossed arms.

"Where's Ethan anyway?" I asked curiously. "I haven't seen him all day."

He turned at me and gave me the most suspicious expression ever. "Why do you ask?" He asked in a playful manner.

"Nevermind, you idot."

He snorted. "He visited his grandmother over the weekend and he won't be back until tomorrow. Why? Do you miss him?" He smiled cunningly.

I rolled my eyes. "I hate you."

"Maybe it's time for you to fix your relationship with Ethan," Clayton said and wriggled his eyebrows.

Damn you, Clayton Wade.

Hello lovelies! So I told you I'm going update more, right? Here's another one! I feel bad for leaving this story for a long time so I apologize for those who have been waiting patiently

Hello lovelies! So I told you I'm going update more, right? Here's another one! I feel bad for leaving this story for a long time so I apologize for those who have been waiting patiently. I was uninspired and didn't have any desire to continue this story but now I feel like it's coming back to me. Let's pray I keep being inspired. I will try to update more in the future! Please keep supporting this story xoxo.