32|The Inevitable

|nora's pov|

My body jolted up, with me taking the deepest breath that I possibly could to regain life. My breathing became erratic when I started to remember what happened to me.

She killed me.

I'm dead.

My hands scrambled around on my chest, and I bowed my head down when I felt that my heart was still there, and my dress looked untouched, no blood.

I stood up slowly, my legs being wobbly in my heels. I felt uneasy. The feeling of her hand in my chest is still fresh, and the feeling of death being even fresher. I turned around looking at my surroundings when I saw that I was in the compound still. Everything just looked like it had lost it's color, and liveliness.

I turned around and my eyes widened, before focusing in on my corpse. It was still there in the real world, lying on the ground with my heart beside me.

Is this the after-life?

I could see everything, and everybody. I crouched down on the floor when I saw Klaus and Elijah hovering over my body. Elijah looked completely numb, and dethatched. I leaned in closer to Klaus as his whole body vibrated, like he was on the verge of breaking. I noticed how his hands shook as he picked up my corpse, in denial. He grabbed me by my back, and rested me over his lap as he sat on the concrete floor. He swept the hair out of my face, cradling me and I backed up out of instinct when I saw my face. I was desiccated.

I could hear them too, but the only thing that came out of his mouth were screams, and silent 'no's'. It was like I were in a different dimension, away from them.

Reality set in, when I saw Rebekah walk into the compound without a care in the world, until her eyes scanned over the scene. Every bag that she had in her hand dropped to the floor, before she sped over to them. She was so quick to snatch me away from Klaus when she slid on the ground. She grabbed my head, and rested her hands on either side.

"No, no no no no." She kept shaking my head, thinking that it would so something, and I could only watch. The tears trickled down her face, when she snapped her head up at Klaus. "What did you do? Nora, Klaus- she has to wake up, she's going to wake up. Somebody please, no- Call Freya, she-she can wake her up." The way that she voiced every thought that ran through her head made her sound like a madwoman, but a part of me hopes that she's right.

I reluctantly reached my hands down, to touch him and tears clouded in my eyes when my hand went right through him like a hologram. Like I wasn't there anymore. My hand twitched when I reached out to touch my body, but I heard a faint whisper of my name. Somebody could see me?

I turned my head behind me, and I cautiously stood up. I did a slow 360 turn, and I heard it again.

"Nora..." The voice was so angelic like an angel, I was drawn towards it like a moth to light. The steps that I took were still slow and steady when I found myself over at the other side of the compound, when I couldn't believe my eyes. I really must be dead.

"Mom?" She looked the same as the day that she left me. My legs ran up to her on their own, without my thinking about it. I felt warmness when I could touch her, I could feel her. I pulled away to make sure that she was real, and I grabbed the sides of her face looking into her hazel eyes. Now I was the one shaking, in disbelief.

"My Nora-bear.." I broke out into sobs, she always called my her little bear. I covered my mouth, when I saw Peter, right next to her. I had so many questions, how did they get here, how long have they been here. I wrapped both of them up in a hug, and I didn't even bother to think about my father.