A Brand New Start

"Yoon Hanbyeol..." The hazel haired young woman trailed her fingertips over the newly assembled name tag on her front door. Her lips curved up into a big smile, as her eyes grew into crescents. "Finally! My own place!"

As she opened the front door and swooned herself into the empty entrance, she made her way into the living room where boxes were piled up, fresh from her moving in. It just reminded her of one of the most important accomplishments in her life: getting her own apartment. She had worked hard for almost four years, climbing up the professional ladder after completing her masters in chemistry, from a mere errand girl at a laboratory for her seniors, to an assistant of a renowned fragrance chemist, to now: getting a job in the big, successful city of Seoul. She was ecstatic. Yes, it was hard but in that moment, it was all worth it.

Being able to afford her own apartment in Seoul was only the cherry on top, her biggest achievement yet was being able to work for Korea's most famous fragrance company: Aurora. Well, not technically in the company but in its off-site laboratory, but still, it was a big deal!

Hanbyeol searched her bag to pick out an envelope, containing the recommendation letter from Dr. Lee, her role model, the chemist she worked with for almost two years and also probably the biggest reason she actually passed the interview.

The doorbell rang, which only snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Who could it be?" She asked herself; she surely wasn't expecting anyone, especially on the exact day she moved in.

She reluctantly walked up to the door and opened it, just to be greeted by Park Roeun, her best friend, with the biggest grin plastered on her face, a boxed cake in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other.

"What are you doing here?" Hanbyeol asked, perplexed as to how she had -most probably- driven a whole two hours to be there.

"What do you mean? I am here to celebrate with you! Let's go wild tonight!" She exclaimed, waving her hands dramatically.

"I'm sorry to break your bubble, but there's a lot of cleaning up and organising waiting for me today."

"Oh come on!" Roeun said, exasperated as she pushed her way in. She placed her gifts carefully on the floor and turned to Hanbyeol with her arms placed sternly on either sides of her hips. "You are always like this! You've got to relax sometimes, champion. You've worked so hard, and now that you've achieved something this big, we need to celebrate!" She reasoned with a grumpy face. "It's Seoul! It's Seoul goddamnit. You just don't come here and do nothing! Let's go out, explore the city and go clubbing! Byeol, it's one night! One night of us just going completely crazy!" Roeun exaggerated.

"But-"

"No buts! Also do you know how much more handsome and cooler guys are in Seoul? Byeol you have to 100% date someone when you get the chance to. You are not letting any good catches get away!"

Hanbyeol sighed and as she was about to retaliate, Roeun cut her off, again.

"And don't you dare bring up the past! Not today! Today we are only doing and remembering good things! Deal?"

Hanbyeol could do nothing but surrender, and she smiled as she found Roeun absolutely adorable.

"Deal."

__

The next day Hanbyeol woke up with the biggest headache. Last night was amazing, it was something out of the ordinary for her; it was new, fresh and certainly worth the hangover.

"It's nice to celebrate once in a while.." She thought to herself.

Hanbyeol, still half asleep, opened one eye to check the notification that popped up on her phone, it was Roeun. It informed her how she had to leave for work.