✩ MR. PANIC-PANTS ✩

Start from the beginning

God he didn't want to do this, but he knew it would be the only way he'd be able to get his pants on.

"Could you... help me with my pants?" Frank asked quietly, and Gerard looked shocked for a moment before he cleared his throat.

"Yeah... Yeah of course, just show me which pair will fit over your cast." Gerard said quietly, turning his attention back to the closet. His hands delicately brushed over the pants Frank had folded neatly on a small shelf in his closet.

Frank pointed at some black pants he had bought a few years back, Gerard nodding at his actions before taking it off the shelf and soon crouching down in front of Frank.

Frank immediately turned his head to the side to avert Gerard's gaze but the sudden rosiness staining his cheeks gave his awkwardness away. He couldn't help it, the second Gerard's hands were on his pajama pants, untying the small knot at the top, his mind just jumped to all of the wrong conclusions.

Gerard must have noticed Frank's awkwardness though, and he sighed quietly with a laugh.

"Don't be so embarrassed," Gerard murmured, sitting up higher on his knees.

And that was when he did it again. He leaned over and pressed a soft kiss to Frank's cheek.

Gerard's lips felt alight on Frank's cheek, like dew freckled petals caught in a breeze, so soft and with the smallest hint of coolness.

"I don't mind helping you." He smiled weakly.

Frank just nodded stiffly, watching Gerard take his legs off the bottom of his wheelchair and start to pull his loose pants down his thighs. Frank noticed Gerard's demeanor deflate when he caught sight of Frank's bandages and pale cast. His delicate hand ran over his cast carefully, feeling the material under his fingertips as he stared at it.

"You can quit staring now." Frank said, his sharp words undercut by his unintentional soft tone, his mind already starting to conjure up self conscious thoughts as Gerard stared at his broken body.

Gerard glanced up at him and cleared his throat, "Sorry."

He pulled Frank's pants down the rest of the way, making sure not to hurt him as he did so. Gerard unfolded the new pair of pants, guiding Franks feet through the holes as Frank watched him. Gerard looked so concentrated, so precise, almost like this was the most careful thing he'd ever had to do.

Though when he got the pants up around Frank's thighs, Frank could tell he was feeling a bit awkward. Frank shuffled so he could help Gerard pull them up the rest of the way, his eyes glued to Gerard's concentrated ones. It was only when Gerard was zipping them up that Frank noticed it.

Gerard's cheeks were kissed pink like a spring rose, the blooming color cute against his skin. It was the blush of roses, that peek of champagne pink. The color infused cheeks blossomed through his shy smile and his eyes shone in a way Frank could only describe as... pretty.

"There. All done." Gerard smiled, taking his hands off of Frank's legs as he stood back up.

Frank could only nod weakly in response.

✩ ✩

"I... kind of feel like Alfred." Gerard muttered as he pushed Frank forward.

"What the fuck? Why?" Frank asked, taking a small sip of his hot coffee. He held Gerard's coffee in his other hand while Gerard pushed him towards the park bench they had sat at briefly the last time they got coffee.

"Don't really know," Gerard replied absently, "I'm just pushing some hot guy on a wheelchair. Plus you have a gun just like Bruce I assume."

Frank looked down at the mention of a gun, his body immediately tensing. Though he did latch onto the word 'hot' Gerard had used to describe him.