17 ~ Incomplete Love Story

"Brother Taehyung!" Taemin gave an evil side smile "so you're still alive?! I see, it's even better now. I can finally have a battle with someone of my level!"

"The seal is broken... Only one of us can survive now!" Taehyung said.

Taehyung was prepared for this battle. Even though this war of supernatural powers would end up destroying half of the underworld. It will cause massive destruction. The court of hell can't risk it.

Underworld has a huge chamber with every lord's life cycle, in the form of a book. Just like the book of life. The court is supposed to keep the chambers safe and secure, and only the head judge can have access to the chambers.
Before Taemin causes more trouble to the underworld, the head judge went down to the chambers. He unlocked it and took Taemin's book of life. He paused and thought about what he was going to do for one more time. But this was necessary now.

He burned Taemin's book of life in underworld's eternal flame. A fire that never ends, it can bring back a dead to life and give death to alive.

Taemin, who was far away from the court and chambers, felt himself burning. Pain took all over his body and without any visible fire, his body turned into ashes.

"W-what's happening..?" Y/n asked. She was confused but scared as well.

"They ended his cycle!" Taehyung said.

It all happened in front of her eyes, she watched a disaster start and end. She watched taehyung come back to the underworld as Lord Taehyung and not just a lost soul wandering around in the mortal world.

"Y/n... My dear!" Taehyung said.

It made y/n snap back to reality, after so many years taehyung is standing in his original form, in front of her once again. His hand reached for her face and gently held them in his palm. He wiped her tears and fixed her hair. This was enough for her to believe, he's back.

"Are you still afraid?" Taehyung said "I'm here now, you don't have to worry about all this. I will fix everything!"

Taehyung's words had the most comforting vibe in them. Yet, her tears didn't stop and she wasn't calm at all.

"Lord Taehyung!" The underworld general said "we are here to capture Miss Y/n!". He had his underworld army behind him.

"I'm sorry..." Y/n said in low voice, audible enough for taehyung to hear.

"What's wrong, General?!" Taehyung asked and held her wrist. The general understood he's trying to protect her and there's nothing as powerful as taehyung in the underworld now.

"Lord Taehyung, it's my humble request to you. Please step aside and let the court do it's duty!" The general said.

"But what is her crime!?" Taehyung asked.

"Keeping you hidden in the mortal world while her job was to bring you back!" The head judge appeared and said.

"She shouldn't be the only one to get punished." Taehyung said which left the judge in confusion.

"What is that supposed to mean, Lord Taehyung!?"

"She kept me a secret because.. I wanted her to do that" Taehyung said.

"We will discuss about this matter later. For now, it's an order from court. We need to imprison her first!" The Judge said.

Taehyung couldn't help her but let the authorities do their work. They took y/n away from him.

~

The very next day, things went back to normal. But not Taehyung and y/n. Taehyung knew she was going to get punished and no matter how much he wants to help her, he still can't do anything to save her. Even though she's already dead and just a spirit working for him, he can't keep that spirit protected anymore. Because now she won't be in that position anymore, she'd already lost all of her powers once she entered the prison.

The Judge knows very well about y/n's importance in Taehyung's life. She means alot to him. But this is an incomplete love story which had only a sad ending.

Taehyung tried everything he could but the court's decision wasn't in his favour. They decided to burn y/n's book of life in that chamber, to get rid of her existence.

Y/n won't be the only one to die, since Taehyung himself confessed his part in the crime. Taehyung's book of life will be burned as well. Y/n was in grief and sorrow. For one last time, the court allowed both of them to talk, a day before they both will be punished.

Y/n couldn't say anything but cry and regret her decisions. She wished she could turn back time now and stop Taehyung from confessing.

And the last words that Taehyung said to y/n were...

"I'm relieved to go with you. If you can't be next to me, I don't want to be here either. Whenever we meet again in our next life, I want to spend that lifetime with you!"