Chapter 3 - Twins

"Okay... Um.. it all happened at that night..December 24, 2018. We're supposed to celebrate Christmas Eve, but it's all ruined when-"

Owyn took a deep breath, clutching her pants. She looks at her twin who just stare at the floor. They both are holding each other's hand tightly. Owyn looks around and see the girls nodding their heads, asking her to continue. All except Scarlett who just stare at her curiously.

"When this man came and killed our parents.. inside our own house," she looks up at Scarlett who widens her eyes a bit.

"Once, every Christmas Eve, we had this family tradition to have a movie night, only four of us, on our cozy couch. We would always watch 'Home Alone', never gets bored.."

"Owyn! Katelyn! C'mon twinnies, it's movie time!" Their dad, John shouts up the stairs.

Their mom, Cheryl set up the table in front of the tv. Popcorn, cake, soda.. all prepared. The twins dashed down the stairs laughing and giggling like mad girls.

Their parents are confused but just laughed at their children's acts.

"C'mon here you weirdos," John pats the spot in the sofa between him and Cheryl.

"Huh, weirdos? Says the guy who eats banana with ketchup," Katelyn teased.

"Oh come here you little-"  John tickles Katelyn so hard that she falls down from the sofa, laughing, tears down spilling down her cheeks. Cheryl and Owyn laugh along.

Owyn chuckles a bit, "Our family was simple but happy. We laugh a lot that night..."

They're all just cuddling on the couch, eating popcorn until around the middle of the movie, Katelyn yawns.

"Katelyn feels sleepy and loopy. But she wants to stay and continue the movie.." Katelyn whines. The other three laugh at her loopy words.

"Third person POV Katelyn," Cheryl chuckles, "go to sleep hun."

"But I want to staaayy... It's tradition, can't break it," Katelyn said.

"Well, I don't think you'll break it if you sleep now twinnie. You have watched the movie tonight, even though it isn't finished yet.." Owyn smiles, she isn't exhausted like her twin because she naps everyday.

"Oh well, Katelyn's gonna sleep now. You coming?"

"Nah, I'll stay with mom and dad,"

"Okay then, goodnight fam, love you!" She shouts as she ran upstairs.

"Love you too!" They all said in unison. After around 5 minutes, John remember something.

"Kate! Have you locked the door?" One of Katelyn's responsibilities in the house is locking the door. They hear no answer.

"She must be asleep already. Oh well, we can just lock it later," Cheryl said.