episode one

𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖊:
𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖔𝖕𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖊𝖘

𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖊: 𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖔𝖕𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖊𝖘

YOU WOULDN'T THINK IT, LOOKING AT HER. The sweet girl with a soft demeanor, who had perfect makeup, and wore mute colors that complimented her pigmented skin. You wouldn't paint her as the type to stare serial killers in the eyes, get them to admit to heinous crimes, or one to sit and stare at a case until her eyes forcefully closed shut. 

She looked innocent, and was short enough to be an eighth grader. Her appearance was childlike and meek, but her presence was anything but. Her posture emitted maturity and grace within itself. She also embodied kindness, and a softness in a well mixed drink. 

At twenty-five years old, Mykie Rivers had made a decent name for herself. She rented out an apartment nicer than any she'd ever lived in, with a hefty price tag with it. She still had her car from junior year of high school, and had no quarrels with it and its older parts.

Graduating from the Western Michigan University in Psychology and Criminal Justice, and an internship with the FBI completed in Quantico, she was looking for a transfer. Her elder brother had convinced Mykie to aim high, and she aimed towards the FBI, particularly either sex crimes or counter-terrorism. 

She sat in the office of her internship director, the cold leather seat sending goosebumps of the back of her skirt-ridden thighs. She had gone for a moment, to receive some papers, she assumed. Patiently waiting, she picked the stray cloth strings from her sweater. 

Her name was Leah Rensi, and she was an older woman, most likely in her fourties. She was a decent woman, a little fiesty, but Mykie appreciated that. Being a woman in this profession has been anything but easy, so taking your place with confidence was a must. 

She heard her heels tap, and smiled a bit. She really did admire her, Leah was a force to be reckoned there. She gave the impression of a mom, but with tough love. Leah sat down in her office chair, giving out a sigh, and inhaling deeply. "Ms. Rivers, how are you?"

"I'm really good, and excited to see you again. Also excited to see my transfer," Mykie said, smiling like a child on Taco Tuesday, and Leah's face fell slightly.

"About that," she sighed, leaning forward, holding her hands together. "I don't know if we can fit you in where you requested. You have excellent credentials, recommendations from nearly everyone in the internship program," At this point, Mykie's face was turnt confusedly. 

"I don't see the problem, have I done something? I've—excuse my French— worked my ass off this entire year and a half in this program. I've done case studies in both departments, and several others, I've aced all of my internship exams, and had outstanding credentials, as you said. I truly don't understand why I wasn't accepted." Mykie was truly devastated, although she wasn't sure whether she'd be happy in either of them, she didn't have a backup plan.

"Don't twist what I'm saying, dear, we have a better offer. Your outstanding credentials have offered a better potential offer, and if you truly decide its not for you, I'm sure we can fit you into sex crimes or counter-terrorism. We have one of our other units here in Quantico, so there would be no moving, and it's is a very small unit, and very picky on who they even take as a potential." Mykie was now a little relieved, although curious.

"You have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and Sociology, so we figured we could try and put them to use. We are working closely with the Behavioral Analysis Unit, and their unit chief, Aaron Hotchner, and think that we should give you a chance. Maybe take a few cases with them, watch, try your hand at it, and if it's not for you we can reevaluate. But truly, I wouldn't try putting you there if I didn't think you'd thrive."

Mykie didn't have much to say, except for nodding her head. "I just... I don't know how to profile.  I'm a good observer.. sure. I do have a degree pertaining to that unit, but I can't promise I will be good at it. Those people in the unit have been at it for years, and I've never professionally profiled, not even once." 

"Unit chief Hotchner is aware, and he is willing to give you a chance to learn on the job. He has asked that for the first case or two you observe, and see if you can pick up. If not, we will come back and discuss other options. There is one member I think you already know, Emily Prentiss?"

"I do know Agent Prentiss, I met her and her mother at the Arabic Embassy when I traveled there. I wasn't aware that she was with the unit. Good to know."

Leah smiled, raising her eyebrows in curiousity, "So? Are you willing to try out the BAU?"

"Yes, but trust me, I don't think it's the place for me."

"We will see, my love."

And with that, led an adventure to the office of Unit Chief Aaron Hotchner.