Ch. 4: Breakdown

Okay Kittens, you know the drill. If you're not mentally or emotionally capable of reading things the have to do with abuse, drug use, or self-harm, I ask you not to read. This chapter will have things that may be triggering to some. Please use common sense.

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM. Please, enjoy the chapter.

 Konan was genuinely excited to have another female in the Akatsuki. It had been years since she had had some quality girl time. (Y/n) on the other hand, she had always had trouble relating to the girls in Konaha. She would always be uncomfortable with them. Maybe it was because the older girls were all obsessed with her father and the younger ones were all obsessed with Sasuke. She could never make friends with any of them. Once Ino had gotten with Sai, she became more tolerable, resulting in (Y/n) getting a job at the job at her family's flower shop. Konan happily dragged (Y/n) to the hot spring that was just off the base. "No one is going to come spy on us, are they?" (Y/n) questioned, looking around at the walled space. It was a simple wall structure with a door to enter, benches to sit on, shelves with plenty of towels, and the hot spring itself. It was simple but nice. "Not if they value their lives," Konan responded, taking off her cloak to reveal a simple, sleeveless shirt that zipped up the front and a pair of tight pants that showed off Konan's figure. (Y/n) suddenly became very self-conscious seeing Konan. "Are you okay, (Y/n)? You don't have to be nervous, we're both girls," Konan reassured, unzipping her shirt and setting it aside. (Y/n) looked away. 'Her skin is perfect...' She thought, her gloved hands shaking a bit. 

"I just haven't been naked in front of someone in a long time..." (Y/n) mumbled, taking off her gloves. Konan watched her stare blank-eyed at her hands for a moment. "It gives me a bit of anxiety..." (Y/n) chuckled at her own foolishness. "It's stupid, huh? I'm a highly trained Jonin, ex ANBU, a fucking killing machine and I'm scared of being naked in front of others." She laughed bitterly, staring at the scars on the backs of her hands. Konan looked at (Y/n) worriedly. "(Y/n)..." She started softly, touching the silver-haired woman's shoulder, "Are you okay? We don't have to do this... We can go do our nails or something." Konan told her softly. (Y/n) shook her head a bit, straightening her back. "No, no. It's okay. Just like you said, we're both girls here. Just..." (Y/n) paused to take a breath, reaching to the back of her mask with shaking hands. "Don't tell anyone... Okay?" She slowly unzipped the mask to reveal two large scars on her face and a jagged one across her neck. 

Konan was stunned by the scars but said nothing

Konan was stunned by the scars but said nothing. She simply smiled at (Y/n) as both of them undressed. Konan was cautious looking at (Y/n) scar riddled body. She could completely understand why the younger woman would be self-conscious being naked in front of others. 'The poor girl has probably been through so much... I understand that she's a ninja but... she's still a girl...' Konan thought as she pulled her up and got in the hot water. (Y/n) followed suit, sitting and leaning against the smooth rocks. "So," Konan started, turning her body to face (Y/n), "I sensed some animosity towards the Uchiha. What was that about? Did he piss you off somehow?" Konan asked. 'Of course, he hasn't told anyone about us.' (Y/n) thought as she laughed dryly. (Y/n) shook her head then rested it back on the rock behind her, closing her eyes. "That fucker ruined my life... Him and his twisted little brother. I'd been better off never meeting either of them..." Konan gave a confused look. "Wait, what?" (Y/n) sighed softly. "Itachi is my ex. We grew up together... He had my heart and body and he shattered me. I would have killed for him... He was my everything and he just left, saying, "I'm leaving but oh, I'll come back for you someday" leaving me there alone to cry. A terrified, pregnant girl at 16. You see this?" (Y/n) sat up out of the water a bit and pointed at a long vertical scar on her stomach. "I was having complications and they had to cut my baby girl out of me..." She laughed, tears coming to her eyes.