Ch. 3: Meeting the Akatsuki

Hello my sweet kittens, hope you're all doing well in this trying time. I have a butt-ton of time on my hands so I'm writing more. From this point on a good amount of stuff is going to change because I felt it was going too fast. As with previous chapters, if you are not emotionally or mentally able to read about mature themes such as drug use, rape, or abuse, please don't read. Other than that, please enjoy this chapter.

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

Sasori sighed, setting his tools down. He rubbed his hands down his face in frustration. He was tired. He was so fucking tired but he knew he couldn't sleep. Sleep... What a novel idea that was to him now. He hasn't slept in nearly 20 years. But, God knows he would love to sleep at least one more time. To feel the soft fabric of the sheets as he laid his head on a cloud-like pillow, only to fall into peaceful oblivion. He sighed once more standing. 'I need a damn break...' He glanced at his window and saw that the sun was just peaking over the horizon. He stretched his stiff joints, noting he needed to oil them later as he left his room. 'I didn't move all night. I had expected Itachi and Kisame to be back by now. Maybe the girl they were meant to retrieve put up a fight. Pein-sama will be pissed if she's harmed.' The red-haired male thought as he made his way downstairs. He went into the kitchen, putting on a pot of coffee, knowing the others would be awake soon. He couldn't taste or smell the coffee. He couldn't even feel the heat from the drink. But he could remember all those things, he relished the memory of coffee. Even though he couldn't taste the bitter liquid, drinking it gave him a sense of normality. Once there was a cup in the pot he poured it for himself and took it to the front room. He sat on the couch, generously provided by Konan. She was such a good woman, Pein-sama is a lucky man to have her.

As Sasori lost himself in thought, the front door to the base opened and three forms shuffled in. Sasori looked over to see Itachi, Kisame, and an (h/c) haired woman. She very clearly had silver roots that needed to be redyed. Her eyes shifted to Sasori as she entered. She stopped to look him, her (e/c) eyes scanning over him as he sipped his coffee. She had a fabric mask on the bottom portion of her face, but he could see a faint smirk there. "Ah, Sasori-san," Itachi started. "Sasori of the Red Sand? My, my, my, I've heard tons of stories about you!" She said with a hint of excitement. "(Y/n), we don't really have time to-" "Cram it, weasel." (Y/n) said, shoving the raven-haired man away by his face and climbed over the back over the couch. She plopped herself down next to Sasori, who stared at her with his cup inched from his lips. Itachi's patience was slowly wearing thin with (Y/n), but he stayed silent because he still wanted her. Sasori stared at the young woman who stared back. Her grin widened. "I am thoroughly interested in your puppetry. I met another puppet master from the sand, named Kankuro. I've made a few puppets for him and I'd love to observe your process," She mused, happily. This surprised the puppet man. No one here had ever been genuinely interested in his puppets.

"(Y/n)-san, while I'm happy you have made a new friend, we should go see the leader. He's been eager to meet you," Kisame said, amused by her childishness. (Y/n) groaned, tilting her head back to see the shark man grinning. "Fine," she groaned out, standing. "I'm stupidly tired anyway." She huffed. "Oh shit, we don't have a room set up for you," Kisame informed. Itachi opened his mouth to speak but we cut off when Sasori interjected. "She could use my bed," He informed, before taking a sip of his coffee, "It's not like I use it anyway." (Y/n) smiled at him. "Thanks, Sasori. Oh, do you like cats?" She grinned. "Cats...?" He asked in confusion. (Y/n) whistled loudly. Only a few moments later, Bakura slid into the doorframe and ran to her. "Big ol' kitties~" She giggled, patting the black leopard's side. Sasori cocked an eyebrow. "I suppose..." He answered, eyeing the animal. She chuckled. "Kisame will show me where to go after I meet your leader," She informed as she turned and left with Itachi and Kisame.