Chapter 7: Confrontation

Alright kiddos, I'm gonna try to update more often. As per usual, if you are not capable of handling heavier themes, please don't read. I don't own Naruto.

The weather was dark and damp as the trio of Hidan, Kakuzu, and (y/n) finally returned to the Akatsuki base. Since the first night, both Hidan and Kakuzu were acting differently to their female teammate. Hidan wasn't acting like his normal mischievous self. Usually, there were friendly jabs and laughing as he messed with the other two. Now, he was silent, angry, his temper flaring at the smallest things. Kakuzu and (y/n) usually talked and laughed quietly as Hidan ranted about his religion. Even if they didn't there was a comfortable and pleasant silence. Now, Kakuzu seemed uncomfortable, like his mind was somewhere else. He kept (y/n) at arm's length through the rest of their bounty mission. To be completely honest (y/n) was getting sick of it. Before they made it to the door she sped in front of the two immortals and turned around, stopping to look at them. The two men stopped, looking down at the silver-haired woman. 

"Alright you two," she started, placing her hands on her hips, "What the hell is going on? You both have been acting weird for this whole week and I'm getting tired of it." She glared at the two as they avoided looking at her. Hidan huffed, "We haven't done shit, so fucking move." "Bullshit! You're both avoiding looking at me!" She snapped. She noticed Kakuzu flinch ever so slightly. (Y/n) felt herself deflate. This was the people in Konaha all over again. "Did I do something so atrocious that you two don't want to be my friends anymore...?" She asked, forcing her voice not to break. Kakuzu's gaze went to her quickly. 'What? Does she feel like she did something wrong? I didn't mean to make her feel that way.'  He thought. He opened his mouth to say something, only to be interrupted by Hidan's harsh words. "Look bitch, we're criminals. We're not here to make fucking friends, we're here to make fucking money and kill people. Not some stupid girly shit like making friends. So get the fuck out of my way before I cut Pein's losses and kill your useless ass." (Y/n) visibly flinched at his words. She pushed down the tears wanting to well up and glared at the pair hatefully. "Fine, fuck both of you if that's how you feel," She turned to enter the hideout, "Who wants undead creeps for friends anyway?"

(Y/n) quickly made her way to the room she shared with Sasori, tears brimming at her eyes, passing Deidara, Kisame, and Tobi who sat in the front room. "(Y/n)-chan?" Kisame questioned, standing. "What's wrong with (y/n)-san? She always says hi to Tobi?" The masked man wondered aloud, sounding a bit disappointed. Hidan and Kakuzu followed in shortly after. Kisame's eyes snapped to them and he glared at the two. "What did you say to her, Hidan?" The shark man questioned. The young Jashinist scoffed, "How do you know it was me and not the old man?" Deidara chimed in, "Because Kakuzu isn't a dumbass." "What did you say, Hidan?" Kisame questioned again. Hidan rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "I just informed the little princess of the truth. No one here wants to be her fucking friend. We're hardened criminals, not fucking teenage girls," Hidan informed the three. In a split second, Kisame had Hidan a foot off the ground by his throat. "You told her what!?"

Upstairs, (y/n) was searching for something. She was pulling open drawers, looking frantically. "Where the fuck is it? I know I left it here!" She whispered to herself. "You mean the opium you had stashed?" A voice asked from the doorway. (Y/n) quickly turned to see Sasori in the doorway, arms crossed, his shoulder leaning against the doorjamb. She stood there in the disheveled room, shocked. How did he know, she was so careful about it. "I found it when looking for one of my tools I had let you borrow. No, I didn't tell anyone about it," He explained, "But, it's gone." He pushed away from the doorjamb and closed the door so they wouldn't be heard. "What do you mean it's gone!? Sasori I need that to-" "Keep the nightmares and flashbacks away? Numb yourself so you don't feel the fear anymore? (Y/n), all you're doing is causing more damage and hindering your skills." Sasori interrupted her. He carefully came closer to his roommate, reaching to touch her shoulder.