26. What does it mean?

Saraih.

Although Chris and I live in the same house, we avoided each other. For weeks.

I got the bedroom he got the couch or the guest room. I come back from school or work, no greeting, not anything.

The weird guy that kept calling, called a numerous amount of times practically begging to meet up. But the more Chris' words flew around in my thoughts, the more I pushed back the meet up.

I was so tired of us being mad at each other. Every morning he sits at the table job searching and drinking coffee. But not a word is said. I know he's trying to make a point, and honestly I don't wanna be mad at him. Its exhausting.

I know I was beyond wrong for saying what I said but I honestly didn't mean it. That's one thing about me that needs to be fixed. When I'm upset or trying to get my point across I spend no time thinking about what I say. I just say it.

I walked downstairs seeing him putting on his shoes. God he looks so good.

I went into the kitchen making some coffee, secretly staring at him. Until he walked out the door.

*

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. When I heard the door open I nearly had a heart attack.

A small part of me thought Chris wouldn't come back home. I looked at the clock seeing it was 11:10 am, wondering where he had to go this early. He was probably just trying to get away from me.

I took a deep breathe slowly walking downstairs into the kitchen. He was sitting at the table scrolling on his phone.

I made a bowl of cereal and stood at the counter eating. He got up to make his way upstairs.

"Chris wait" I was finally putting my pride aside, for once in my life.

He turned around waiting for me to talk.

"I don't want you to be mad at me anymore. And I don't wanna be mad at you."

He sighed sitting back down looking away from me. I inched over to him and sat on his lap. I pouted hoping that he would say something back.

He pulled me closer, cupping my face in his hands and kissed me. Call me over dramatic, but I nearly melted.

"I'm sorry baby" I snuggled closer to him.

"Me too Imma try not to smother you but I'll still beat somebody's ass. But now, let me hear you admit it"

I twisted my lips contemplating.

"Fineee" I gave in, "I do need you to be here, and I need you for protection" I mumbled

"I should make you repeat it, but I won't make you do too much."

"You're so petty" I laughed hitting him in his chest harder than I intended too.

"Aye, chill out" he said

I smiled at him, "So where'd you go earlier"

"Handling real nigga business"

I straight faced him.

"Nah but I went to confirm a job."

"Seriously!? Where? Why didn't you tell me?"

"An art gallery and that's cause you were consumed with being mad and shit. I ain't wanna disturb you"

I laughed and thought back remembering his room back in Virginia. He spray painted everywhere. Going in his room was the first time I really knew he had a passion for art. It was amazing.

"But for the first two weeks I'm an intern. You know just answering phone calls and moving boxes. I guess they wanna see how I work before they pay me." He added

I nodded I was happy he got a job being around something he loves.

"I hate to bring this up but that guy called again. Way more this time though. He kept asking to meet up at the park a few blocks down. But...I pushed it back because I wanted you to be with me."

"Alright so this what we gonna do. I'll go with you but I won't actually get out the car I'll just watch you. Incase the nigga tries to pull something. But if not, I stay in the car and you come back and tell me what he said. Deal?"

"Deal." I agreed

I text the guy telling him to meet me at the park in a hour.

*
Chris.

"You think that's him?" Saraih asked

"Yeah. I mean he the only one standing by that tree looking around and shit."

"I don't even know who he is. How does he know me" she asked

"Look just go and see what he has to say so he can leave you alone. I'm right here."

She nodded getting out the car and walking over to him. I watched closely trying to see if I could make out a little bit of what they were saying.

They stood there for 15 minutes talking until the guy shrugged and walked away. Saraih came back to the car looking all confused.

"What happened?"

"He pretty much told me to watch out for my surroundings, because bad things may come my way sooner or later, and watch who I trust because trusting may lead to my family's misfortune. He wouldn't tell me anymore after that. Like how the hell he knows who I am or who he was. I asked questions but he just walked away. Who the fuck is he a fortune teller or some shit?"

I laughed, "I just can't believe he did all that just to tell you that bs"

"I know right. But I'm hungry can we get chipotle?"

I smacked my teeth, "You know I hate that"

"But you love me so go ahead"

I sighed driving off.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Wowwwww that lame guy did all that just to give his irrelevant ass opinion!

What do yall think he meant though? Who knows. Oh yeah I do lmao.

But aren't you guys proud of me with these updates!? You better be because I worked hard.

Alsoooo I dedicate this chapter to _elisemarie_ she's such a good writer and inspired me to write on here in the first place lol. So go read her story please!

Anyway, love you guys! GO READ MY AUGUST ALSINA STORY CITY LIGHTS pleaseeeee.

T-Breezy