The Rogues come back

Začať od začiatku

"Peter is me and Pepper's son." Tony said blankly.

Eyebrows were raised.

"When did that happen?" Steve joked a little.

Pepper smiled, "Well it has been a while."

"Peter has been in our lives for a long time, you guys just don't know everything about me." Tony said.

The rogues nodded.

"Well, I'm excited to get to know you Peter." Scott said.

Peter could feel his heart beating faster.

His instincts kicked in, "Of course! I'm very excited to get to know you as well!"

He sounded clearly animated and fake. Tony knew what was going on and inched closer to Peter, to remind him that he was their.

Scott laughed a little, slightly confused by the fake sounding answer, with a fake smile plastered across Peters face.

"So what do you do for fun Peter?" Sam asked politely to break the silence.

Peter froze. He didn't know what to say. Such a simple question, but he just couldn't answer, all he could think was about how when they got him alone they would hurt him. And living in fear of the future is horrible.

"Come on Peter, let's go." Tony said suddenly, taking Peter away from the situation, "You can meet the avengers later."

Peter nodded, then whispered something to Tony, so that no one but Tony could hear.

Tony and Peter had left to Peter's room.

Pepper now turned back to the rogue avengers.

They looked at her expectantly.

"So that's Peter. He's a sweet kid, I'm sure you all will love him." She said, as if nothing had happened.

"So, are we gonna ignore that?" Scott asked.

"Ignore what?" Pepper said innocently.

"The fact that it sounded like you rehearsed your son for meeting us, then Tony and him immediately left?" Steve said, slightly annoyed.

"Oh. That. Yes, we'll ignore that." Pepper said, then quickly moved on to showing the rogues to their rooms.

Now it was dinner time, and the rogues had had a few hours to settle in.

They ate in silence for a bit, and Clint watched as Peter had a protective arm around his plate.

He was squished in between Pepper and Tony, so he felt a bit more comfortable.

Clint chuckled a bit, "Hey Peter, we aren't gonna steal you're food."

Peter's eyes darted up to Clint for a moment before looking down at his plate shoving food in his mouth.

This whole situation was horrible; at any given moment the rogues could take him. They had access to his only safe place.

"Not much of a talker then, are you?" Steve said, attempting to lighten the mood.

Peter stared at Steve for a second before blatently saying, "I have trust issues."

The rogues laughed a little before realizing Peter was serious.

Sam looked surprised, "You don't really think you have trust issues... I mean, we're super heros, we've been through a lot, and we don't have trust issues."

Peter didn't want to get into an argument so he just looked back down at his place intensely.

Tony gave a stern glare to Sam as a warning.