Chapter 35: Whatever happened to Xerous?

Start from the beginning

"F-Father?"

"Xerous you are not fit to be the next ruler of DarkMoon."

Xerous eyes widen in shock as he slowly stood to his feet. "Father, I-"

"You are a very late bloomer, Xerous. I tried and been very patient for your wolf to appear but it has not."

"But, father, I have no control over-"

"Xerous! Can you even call yourself an Alpha Prime if you have no wolf? Or even a lycan?" His father asked almost disgusted. "The title will go over to you and be bestowed on your brother, Demos." He said placing a hand proudly on Demos' shoulder.

Demos stood there in awe at the news and the honor placed on him. He looked toward his father and immediately bowed. "Father, I will not fail you. I will bring honor to you and DarkMoon."

The Alpha gave a small smile. "I know."

"Father, please..." Xerous said, feeling his burn as he fought back the tears. "Give my wolf more time. The moon goddess will present my wolf at the right moment. We just need patience."

"Xerous! I have spoken!" The alpha yelled. Xerous flinched and bowed his head in submission. "My son believe me or not. I am sorry, but I have consulted with the council, the priest of the temple, and my conscience the title alpha is not meant for you. It must go to someone strong with a wolf already in them and that person is your brother."

Xerous glanced between his father and brother in shock his mouth hung slightly open. It soon felt as if the air was knocked out of his lungs. The rejection was almost too great to bare.

Xerous swallowed hard then bowed his head. "As you wish, father."

His father nodded as he placed his hand on Demos' shoulder. "Come, son. We must discuss your future."

Demos nodded and followed along with his father leaving Xerous behind to watch them walk off. He then turned his head to his brother giving him a smile. A smile of satisfaction then turned his head.

Xerous clenched his jaw and tightened his fist.

"Lord Xerous."

Xerous lifted his head and turned to see an elite warrior kneeling to him by the doorway. 

"Yes." He replied putting away the old picture of his father, he had been staring at for a while now in thought.

"The Alpha of BloodClaw pack is ready for you." The warrior informed him.

"Good," Xerous said as a small smirk appeared on his face. He stood from his seat and followed the lycan out of his room and made his way to the meeting room.

As soon as Xerous entered the room,  a full-body hologram of a man standing in the center of the room came to view. Once the 'holographic man' noticed the prince's presents he bowed his head. "Lord Xerous."

Honestly, Xerous had no idea why his brother wanted him to met with this man. He could have done this himself or send a message by his servants. 'Just like my brother to be what the humans say, "extra".' Xerous thought.

"Alpha Mekhi, my old friend." Xerous acknowledge him. Mekhi and Xerous had been friends since they were children. They were closer than Demos and himself everwhere. He was a good friend to him. Mekhi was always there for him. He helped him get through the tough time of his father rejecting his position of being Alpha Prime.

Alpha Mekhi smirked at him. "Good to see you again."

"Yes, it is good to see you. Anyway, you heard the order my brother placed on your territory and the reason behind it?"

Alpha Mekhi nodded. "Yes, he wants all borders closed."

Xerous nodded. "Also, don't inform my brother if your warriors find Luna Prime," Xerous said nonchalantly picking his nails.

Mekhi looked taken back a bit by his friends request. "But, why?"

Xerous looked up from his nails and smirked. "Because the Luna Prime just so happens to be my mate as well."

Mekhi eyes widen in shock. "How can this be? This not possible. Are you sure?"

Xerous looked at his friend, smirk now gone and replaced with a serious expression on his face. "I have never been more sure of anything in my life."

Mekhi shook his head. "Your wolf is a strange one, Xerous."

Xerous growled. "I know....I must go, Mekhi. I'm entrusting you with this. My plans for not just the luna, but also DarkMoon cannot fail. " 

Mekhi bowed his head. "I am loyal to you, Xerous. Do not worry. The luna will be in your arms and Demos will fall."

Xerous nodded before clicking off the screen. 

"Soon." He whispered to himself letting out a breath. "Soon."