30

"I need her here to get away the pain
She's flowing through my veins
She's the cure
She's the disease"

- Jonth

_______________________________________

"LET ME GO! YOU DISGUSTING HEROES- YOU COWARDS! PUT ME DOWN AND FIGHT ME!"

"How can I hear her from all the way over here?!" Jungkook exclaimed in disbelief. The shouts coming from the speed villain reminded him of the time back in Jeju with when they captured one of Taehyung's ex-gang members.

"Just eat your breakfast" Jin sighed as he too couldn't get any sleep last night because of the woman.

It had been a day since the attack and another failed attempt at trying to save you.

Fortunately for them, they received Yoongi back to their side but sadly lost another in his place.

The atmosphere was definitely different without the bright lucky hero being around to boost everyone's energy.

The plant hero knew Hoseok the longest and even though he was showing a tough act, Jin was very worried for his fellow Eros hero. For his friend.

"...I still don't understand... why did he not land in Taehyung's hand?" Jimin asked after dropping his utensils, not wanting to eat his breakfast anymore.

Myunghee placed her hand on the lightning hero's shoulder while sending him a sad smile.

"We... don't understand either"

Hoseok was the first friend Jimin made in Eros. He could recall the peculiar memory very well.

-------------------5 months ago------------------

"Ugh! I just want my drink!" Jimin huffed out at the vending machine that refused to let his paid drink fall and land for him to take.

The new hero was having a terrible day.

He was in a new environment, he knew no one, he had no previous experience like the others-... he felt like he didn't belong.

Even the vending machine was rejecting him.

"...why do I have to become a hero?" He mumbled before leaning his forehead on the glass while staring at his drink that was stuck between the shelves and the glass.

Suddenly, someone had banged against the machine, making the drink fall and Jimin jump back in surprise.

"This vending machine is a little faulty... I suggest using the one down the hallway" the pink haired male turned to see a bright red haired hero smiling at him.

Two words came to mind when he fanned his eyes over him.

Heart smile.

"...thank you, I really appreciate it" the older noticed the exasperated aura emitting from the other.

"...hey, it gets better. I promise" and with that, the red haired hero placed something in Jimin's hand before jogging off in to the cafeteria.

Confused, the new recruit looked down to see a chocolate bar.

Jimin chuckled at the small gesture but looking back now, it helped him greatly.