Chapter 6: Early Mornings

The sound of an alarm woke you from your slumber, you yawned and stretched out your arms, a startled grunt shook you out of your half-asleep state. Where did that come from? You slowly turned your head to face the noise, seeing an annoyed Midas rubbing his nose. "Ow.. what the hell hit me.." he grumbled, once the sleep was rubbed from his eyes, they focused on your form, your messy hair, the small bites he left on your otherwise clear skin, the sight alone made him smile, a soft hum leaving him.

"Good morning amour.. how did you sleep?" the pale man asked, his tired voice sending a small shiver down your spine, his accent came out more when he was tired, cute.
"I slept well, thanks to you." you said sweetly, causing him to blush. You slowly crawled out the bed, wobbling slightly, your legs hurt.. but why?
You had a brief flashback, remembering the activities you and Midas had the night before.. that explains it. You shivered from the cold air to your naked body, rubbing your arms before a pair of slender arms wrapped around your torso, soft kisses being planted on your neck and shoulders, making you giggle. "Midas, you know I'm ticklish!" you whine, much to his amusement.

"I know, hence why I'm doing it." he spoke, rolling his eyes as he rested his chin on your shoulder, a pleased hum escaping his throat from your fingers gently playing with his hair, twirling his dark locks between your fingers, you found out Midas loves having his hair played with, especially during times where he was overwhelmed with paperwork, you'd gently coaxed him to lay his head on your lap, gently playing with his hair, twirling and fluffing it, listening to his concerns or the work he was dealing with, perhaps he didn't feel like talking and that didn't bother you, you were fine with sitting in comfortable silence, or you hummed to him, watching his body slowly relax and his eyes flutter shut, getting in a well deserved nap from the hectic activities.
You loved every second of it, how you two seemed to click in every way possible, you didn't even need words, your silence held so much more than most would think..

You were snapped out of your thoughts by cold, slender fingers gently tilting your head towards him. "Are you alright dear? You seemed to zone out, I got a bit worried when you didn't respond.." he spoke softly, you gave him a sweet smile, planting a kiss on his nose.
"I'm alright sweetheart, I'm just thinking.." you trailed off, causing the male to tilt his head. "But it's a surprise, cmon, lets shower, as much as I'd love to spend the whole day with you, we both have jobs to do.." you said, pouting slightly, but your expression soon changed to one of shock, a squeal leaving you as you were picked up, your legs flailing as he held you up by your waist, carrying you towards the large bathroom..

The shower was nice, it was quiet aside from the sound of the running water, you two enjoyed the silence, washing each other and admiring each others bodies. From Midas leaving kisses on your shoulders and his hands gently rubbing your stomach and thighs (much to your ticklish amusement) to you tracing the ink on his pecs, your hands gently running down his torso, admiring his lanky yet built physique.
"You are so handsome.. I'm very lucky to have you.." you whispered, the male's golden hand cup your soft cheek, rubbing a cold thumb on the soft flesh.
"You are the most beautiful, talented, sweetest woman I have ever met, and I am glad to have recruited you.." he said in a soft voice, making you tear up.

Needless to say, you two didn't leave the shower for a long time..