chapter 29

zarkhan spent sometime talking with her and then they went towards the village

" I am good " she said eyeing ain .

 "what took you so long ?" she asked and ain looked down . she was feeling the wait of her gaze . 

" ain , go to your room and freshen up " zarkhan said and ain quickly got up finding the escape. 

" bi jaan ! kiun drati hen ?( why were you scaring her ?) " zarkhan said with a sullen look. his bi jaan was strict but not when it came to him. he was her favorite grandchild after all .

" mene kb draya ( when did i scare her ?) " bi jaan said innocently . but when zarkhan didnt backout she continued . 

" i want the best for my grandson . your father took a rash decision . " she said and zarkhan sighed. 

" he took a rash decision , because he knew about my feelings. she is what i wanted bi jaan " zarkhan said telling her the truth . 

" sach keh re ho ?( you telling the truth ?) " bi jaan asked eyeing him suspiciously . 

" bilkul bi jaan ( yes , bi jaan ) she will be here for next 3 weeks , please take care of her for me. in this time, you will also see how adorable she is , "zarkhan said .after that he spent sometime with her. 

he went back next morning .he didnt want to , but no one was allowing him to stay any longer. 

18 days passed , quickly for some and very slowly for others. in village, they spent the days in preperation . happiness and laughters surrounded the place. all the things a mother should have done for ain, raisha was doing it .ain felt grateful but she also missed her parents. 

stray tears escaped her eyes many of the nights , but she never let anyone see them. she didnt want raisha to feel bad. 

on the other hand, zarkhan's days were filled with work . he tried to keep himself busy , because as soon as he got free, they thoughts of going to her entered his mind. 

when only 2 day was left in mehndi , zarkhan went to the village with zain and haarij .but even after reaching there , he wasnt allowed to even get the glimpse of her.

he talked to her till late hours that night on phone. the restlessness was on its peak and ain tried to calm him with her soothing voice. but it had been so long , he hadnt even seen her. the house was filled with guests. their cousins had also arrived. 

next day , shahgul was introducing her to them when ain felt a bit uncomfortable feeling the piercing gaze of a girl . she was a very beautiful girl , which looked like 20 or 21 years old. 

" this is kanwal , my aunt's daughter" shahgul introduced the girl and ain gave her a reluctant smile. 

" how had zar even accepted her ?" she said without caring that alot of other cousins were surrounding them as well . ain went red in seconds . 

" kanwal , think before talking " shah gul hissed. 

ain left excusing herself. she was in her room , when kanwal entered without bothering to knock.

" i feel sorry for you " she said to ain as if she was her biggest well wisher. 

" what do you mean ?" ain asked softly . 

" it not easy to live with a person , who is just accepting you for his parents. you know he doesnt love you .he would have married me , if you havent been thrown on him" ain felt her heart skipping a beat on her words. she had started to doubt herself . he hadnt confessed his love for her ever. 

" but mom said he - he loves me " ain said on a whisper. 

 " obviously , she will say that . she wont want to hurt your feelings. you know , even if zarkhan is showing you any affection , its just because he knows you are his wife, his property . he doesnt think more of you . obviously , i will feel sorry for you " kanwal said innocently . she left tapping ain's cheek and ain felt something breaking in her. he hadnt ever confessed his love, it was always you are my wife!! was kanwal saying the truth .... she thought barely controlling her tears.

-----------------

Why has the love yous turned meaningless? Why has they lost their meaning ? Why has they stopped feeling real ? Was it my fault, yours or just the situation ? I didnt want it to happen .....but its happening and i dont know what should i do ....

_________________

Salaam readers! It would be great if you share your thoughts about the last verses.