41 - Underground

Draco couldn't tear his eyes away from the girl he had fallen in love with back in Hogwarts.

The girl who had never stopped holding his heart; the one he had loved, to this very day.

But he didn't need her standing there to know what he was going to do next.

Because he had already made his mind up.

"Shall I go on?"

The officiant's question cut into the air as Draco teared his eyes away from Ronnie, turning back to Bambi, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry... I can't do this," he murmured regretfully, yet determinedly. "I can't marry you, Bambi."

The whole tent gave a collective gasp of shock and horror.

"What is the meaning of this, boy?!" Arnold Peverell yelled, his face going rapidly puce.

"Take the honeymoon, and take Blaise," Draco said authoritatively to Bambi, ignoring the seething man behind her.

Draco pushed Bambi into Blaise's arms who was stood in complete shock.

"I'm sorry for everything, man." Draco said to him. "Please don't be hard on Bambi, she has been pressured and bullied into this in ways you cannot imagine. Take her away now, and look after her."

"HOW DARE YOU!" Arnold bellowed, his whole body shaking in furious anger.

"And you, sir," Draco said, seeming to have grown a sudden unnerving amount of confidence as he turned unflinchingly to face his almost father in law. "Are nothing but a racist prick."

And then, to the yells and screams of everyone inside the tent, Draco punched him.

*****

I quickly stepped back, letting the flap fall closed.

"What's going on in there?" Luna asked calmly, despite the obvious chaos going on inside the tent, "Is there a problem?"

"We need to get back to the kitchen, quick," I said, feeling utterly shocked by what I'd just witnessed. "I reckon Draco's just started a fucking riot. The absolute fucktard."

"Oh?" Luna said looking almost bored. "Did he not say yes then?"

The sounds of shouting and scuffling coming from inside the tent were rising, and all I could think of to do was run; Apparating was out of the question with the extra security placed on the grounds for the wedding.

My heart was racing, I needed to get out of there and get to George. This was just one big disaster that should have never happened in the first place.

But just before I reached the kitchen door, a shout sounded from across the lawn, halting me in my tracks.

"RONNIE!"

Slowly, I turned around, my chest heaving heavily from a mixture of exertion and adrenaline.

Draco was running towards me, leaving the chaos of the tent in his wake.

"Ronnie," he panted breathlessly as he caught up with me, "I love you, Ronnie, I love you so much. I've been a complete and utter idiot."

I just shook my head in disbelief, taking a step back away from him.

"I'm leaving, Draco," I said, my heart beating furiously in my chest. "It's too late."

His face crumpled in hurt, but he nodded. "I know, I'm not asking you to stay." He said hurriedly as he gave a quick furtive glance over his shoulder at the angry approaching figures behind him. "I wouldn't do that to you, not now. I just want you to know, I love you."