𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Friday, January 4,2019

Dear Jo,

I woke up feeling a little dizzy. Mom was cooking breakfast in the kitchen. Today is Friday and it is a tradition, well not entirely a tradition, but it's something we do for fun.

Our "like-tradition" in Friday is to hang out wearing the same color of shirt or even the same shirt. We know it's a little bit childish, but we don't care what people says. I got downstairs and saw Dan standing and Ashlyn sitting in one of the stools.

"Wow, what are you guys doing here?", I asked.
"Dad had to go to work really early and we decided to come here and pick you up", said Ashlyn. Dan was quiet while helping Mom with cooking bacon and egg, my all-time favorite combo.
"You know how to cook?", I asked him. "Yeah, I know how to cook", he replied. Is it just me? Or isn't he a gentleman and all in one. Believe me, I don't like him, but I may as well. Get me?

"uh Serena stop staring?", said Ashlyn laughing and handing me a plate. "I-I wasn't", I replied to her with a shut-up look and went to the faucet to wash my hands and Dan looked at me instantly. I could see him smiling in the corner of my eye. Jane the not-virgin and very evil, woke up and came down.

"Wow, if it isn't Dan Parker", she said in her devilish nicey tone.

"The boyfriend and his twin, Ashlyn", she added.
"Haha Jane shut up", I said and rolled my eyes on her.
"Girls, don't start with me", says mom in a threatening tone. I ignored Jane, but you can't ignore her in breakfast. She's just  gonna talk bout how I like Dan, even if I don't. Not denial, I don't like him like that.

I was quiet the whole time we were eating, I just couldn't looked at Jane at the same time look at Dan who was beside her. Jane was smiling to me in a very weird way and I hate her for teasing me endlessly. Totally poker-face while chewing the food I shoved in my mouth. God Jane could just ruin my life in one false truth.

After breakfast, I washed, got changed and we went to Mikaela in our bikes. Old fashion transportation is so classic. When we got to her house, she was having an argument with her mother. The three of us just waved and smiled awkwardly like we didn't heard or saw anything. It's always arguments with Ms. Roberts and Mikaela. Mother-daughter rivalry. A bit cute and cool if you ask me.

"What was that about?", asked Ashlyn. "Don't want to talk about it", said Mikaela looking tired and annoyed. Next stop was Kyle's house. When we got to his house, somebody in my past passed by. Weird to say 'somebody in my past'. Just an old friend. 

"Hey Dan", said Benjamin Harper.

"Hey, where you going?", asked Dan. "Usual spot, wanna come?", said Ben. He is totally ignoring me, up until now, what a douchebag. So um, Benjamin Harper, given the fact that we had some conflict in the past life, was now acting like I don't even exist. He was a friend, that was um... not a friend anymore. Complicated. Not really, but well, we were close and played a lot, inseparable if you may, but well, he decided to be a cool kid and ignore me like we didn't used each other's toothbrush when we were younger.

Wow, it is really hard to explain something you'd rather forget. 

"Ash? Can I come?", asked Dan looking at Ashlyn. I forgot to mention, Dan isn't actually from our group. He's one with Jackie Portman (the cool badass), Jacob Harrison(the school crush) and Benjamin Harper(the shithead). They are like the bad boys and girl in school, not entirely bad though, they're just different from us.

'Cool kids' is what others would call them.

"Why are you asking me? Am I your keeper?", said Ashlyn and Dan rolled his eyes and went with Ben who clearly looked me in the eye when they left.