Chapter 51: Or Are We Dancer?

#BlackLivesMatter

The witches party was in full swing and I was already bored. Davina seemed happy at least and I found my way to the front of the queue to give her a present. She was beaming at me and with such an infectious smile, I couldn't help but return it. I was just about to give her my gift, only to be stopped by an attendant.

"Actually ma'am, if you could give your gift to Monique." He said.

"No thank you, it's for Davina." I told him indignantly.

"It's standard procedure."

"Let me tell you where you can put your standard proced—"

"It's okay." Davina told me with a soft smile. "It's for everyone."

"Fine." I huffed before turning to Monique. "I think I'll skip out on your blessing though, if that's good with you."

I handed her the gift and went to sit by the bar, resuming watching the party. Klaus was talking to Hayley, Elijah was busy peacekeeping and Cami was...Cami was talking to Genevieve.

~Cami POV~

"Do you take gifts?" Cami asked the redheaded witch hesitantly.

"What are you doing here?" Genevieve asked irritably.

"Crashing, technically." The blonde said with an awkward chuckle. "But I'm here to see you."

"Well you've seen me." The witch said, going to turn away but Cami pulled her back.

"Just hear me out, please?" Cami begged. "I got you a present."

"And what is this?" She asked as she took the box.

"An offering from me." I explained. "You have no reason to like me. And I don't need you to, but I figured my uncle is going insane, someone should attempt to carry out his wishes."

"Oh." She said seeming to warm up slightly, now she knew it wasn't about Klaus. "So this is about your uncle."

"I said it before, you have no reason to help me." Cami continued. "But in 1919 you were cheated out of life. And if you can't help him, the same this is going to happen to my uncle. So, I'm begging you, please. Open it."

She reluctantly opened the gift and inside was an antique hair comb. Her eyes widened in surprise and she smiled.

"I had one just like this." She remarked. "Hm. You are as nice as Klaus says. How...infuriating."

"What?" The blonde asked in confusion.

"He cares about you." Genevieve muttered sadly.

"Klaus likes to use me." Cami refuted.

"No, I've seen how he talks about you." Genevieve continued. "He genuinely thinks you are something special. But I know you didn't come here to talk about him."

She seemed touched by the bartender's words and her gift and looked back at Cami with a wry smile.

"You know, perhaps I can help you."

~Iliana POV~

Cami was now edging her way out of the party and I had to elbow my way through to catch up with her in time. I caught her arm and she turned to me, clearly haggard and tormented by what her uncle was going through.

"Iliana hey." She told me feebly. "You are positively glowing."

"Thanks." I said with a wry laugh. "I saw you talking to Genevieve and wanted to make sure you were okay."