Chapter 8: Two Brave Girls

~Rebekah POV~

"What the hell are you doing here?" Iliana said as she walked down the steps to find Rebekah standing there with a grin.

"Oh hello, you must be the maid." Rebekah began. "My bags are in the car—get them, will you?"

"You are just so funny!" Iliana said with a roll of her eyes before wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Hello my darling girl." Rebekah said with a beam. "Knocked up by my brother Klaus. Don't they teach you sex-ed in Hollywood?"

"I think I skipped the hybrid module." She answered.

"In all honesty, I was expecting some kind of supernatural miracle baby bump." Rebekah explained. "Guess you're not showing yet."

"You have the manners of your brother." Iliana said with a shake of her head.

"His temper too, so before I murder my other one for ignoring me," Rebekah shot back. "Where is Elijah?"

"Beats me." Iliana answered shrugging her shoulders. "One minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me–he was all poetic about how we're family–and then Klaus told me he bailed. Pretty convenient if you ask me."

"Especially since Elijah isn't just any vampire." Rebekah said in agreement. "He doesn't break his promises. That means Niklaus has done a very dastardly thing."

"We don't know that for sure." Iliana mumbled but Rebekah remained unconvinced.

"Don't we?" She said before taking a long breath. "KLAUS! GET OUT HERE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU'VE DONE WITH OUR BROTHER, YOU NARCISSITIC, BACK STABBING WANKER!"

"What is it, Rebekah?" Klaus said, opening the doors into the reception. "Here to kill more vampires?"

"It's not my fault." She replied haughtily. "They were very rude. They were trying to victimise a poor innocent girl. I apologise if they were friends of yours, but last time I checked you didn't have any."

"Marcel is my friend. You remember him, don't you?" Klaus asked her with a cruel smile on his face, knowing about his sister's former flame. "Of course you do, how could you forget? Well anyway he thinks he's King of the Quarter and he has these rules about killing vampires, a rule that you seemed to have broken. I can't wait to see what punishment he comes up with for you."

"Do I look like a give a damn?" She snapped. "Elijah would die before he welched on a deal which means you did something to him."

"I think he went on holiday...Or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. But you can still take a look around. I'm sure you remember this house as well as I do." He smiled at her again and started to leave but stopped when he heard her response.

"I remember. I remember everything. I remember how the drunken fool of a governor hid away all of our vampire sins in exchange for gold. I remember the lavish parties the governor threw, as if to impress you. I remember finding a moment of affection with the governor's son, Emil. And I remember that even Elijah was happy."

Klaus walked past Rebekah with two ladies on each of his arm whilst Elijah and Celeste were kissing each other passionately as Klaus finished off the two ladies he had brought to feed on.

"Your brother has gone too far." Celeste had said judgingly of the hybrid.

"There is no hope for you, Niklaus." Elijah said shaking his head disapprovingly at his younger brother.

"Are we interrupting?" Rebekah asked as she walked in the room with her current love.

"Yes." Klaus had said quickly.