Chapter 12: Road Home

Start from the beginning

"Okay people! It's 10:50. We are leaving in ten minutes, make sure you have all your stuff and if you haven't loaded it into the vehicles yet, I suggest you do so." Ian says into his megaphone.

Lasercorn suddenly runs up to me and starts hiding behind me.

'What are you doing?"  I ask.

"I'm hiding from Joven and Wes. I put orbeez in their backpacks." Lasercorn replies.

"Where did you even get orbeez?" I laugh.

"I have my ways. Oh no!" Wes comes around the corner followed by Joven and Lasercorn starts running.

"Alright, let's load up!" Ian yells.

I walk over to my assigned van and climb into the backseat next to Y/N who's already in. Joven and Wes climb into the middle seat and Ian sits up front again.

"Hey, where's Mari?" Y/N asks.

"She went to ride shotgun in the other vehicle since Olivia's gone." Ian says.

Y/N groans, "You mean I'm stuck in a car full of boys for four hours?"

I nudge her, "Hey! I'm pretty cool."

She looks up at me, "Mhmm. You keep telling yourself that."

I put my hand to my chest as I'm hurt and she laughs. The vehicle starts moving and Y/N shakes her hair out of the messy bun it was in. I watch as her curls fall to her shoulders, like she's in a commercial or something. We don't put on our seatbelts yet because we're still in the desert and why would we wear them if we don't have to?

We play a couple of road games and then turn on the radio for a bit. Wes takes out his Nintendo Switch and hands a controller to Y/N.

"You play Mario Kart?" He asks.

Y/N smiles and leans forward in her seat to take the controller, "Of course I do."

They start playing and I watch over Y/N's shoulder. Y/N beats Wes in the first round but he beats her in the next two. After they're done playing she hands the controller to Joven for him to play. 

Y/N lays her head down on my lap and closes her eyes. I start gently playing with her hair and she smiles. After a few minutes, her breathing becoming steady and she falls asleep. I continue twirling her hair between my fingers, smiling as she sleeps on my lap.

Wes turns in his seat and raises his eyebrows, looking between me and Y/N. I give him a 'what?' look and he just smirks and turns back around. 

Soon we stop at a gas station and shake Y/N gently to wake her up. She moans and then looks up at me.

"Hey, we're at a pit stop." I smile.

She sits up and we get out of the vehicle. Y/N runs over to the other girls and I see Mari raise her hands innocently. A couple of us head into the gas station at a time and then wait by our vehicles. Courtney comes out holding three SlimJims and hands one to me.

"Put it in your mouth." She says.

"Um, no thank you." I laugh.

"Do it." She says sternly. I unwrap it and take a bite. 

"Oh my gosh, what is this?" I ask, my mouth on fire.

"It's a limited-edition ghost pepper one." Courtney smiles evilly. Y/N comes up behind her and Courtney hands her a SlimJim, "Eat this."

"I'm warning you now, don't." I say searching for my water in my bag. Y/N takes it anyway and takes a bite. I can see the immediate regret on her face. She opens up the chocolate milk she just bought and starts chugging it. I laugh and so does Courtney. Courtney then proceeds to go around to everyone and try to get them to eat it too. A couple of them do, like Ian, who starts running around the parking lot. 

We get back into our vehicles and head off again, this time we have to wear our seatbelts. 

I yawn and Y/N looks over at me, "Do you wanna sleep? You can use me as a pillow since I've used you as a pillow."

I laugh, "No, it's alright."

"Really, it helps pass the time." She pulls on my arm and I laugh. She smiles at me and I rest my head on her shoulder, she rests her head on top of mine. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

I wake up and notice Y/N is asleep, she's slumped back in her seat so much that she's barely sitting up. My head is resting against her neck and I notice her hand is on top of mine.

"Looks who's awake." Ian laughs, "We're almost there, just about five more minutes."

Wes shushes him and points to Y/N who is still sleeping, "Don't wake her, she had a rough night last night. I don't know why but I had to give her Advil this morning."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"She texted me as soon as I woke up and asked if I had Advil, I said I did and then I went to her room and gave her some." Wes shrugs.

"You're the only person I knew who had Advil, I needed it because of lady problems and I don't think you guys want to discuss that." Y/N says. We all look at her, her eyes are still closed but apparently she's awake.

"We're almost there." I say.

"Please don't talk about your lady problems." Joven says.

Y/N flips him off and smiles as we pull up to the Mythical Entertainment building. We all get out of our vehicles and start to unload our bags. Y/N goes over to the other girls and they start laughing about something.

"You're staring." Damien says, punching me in the arm.

"I am not." I say punching him back. I quickly grab my bags and order an Uber for Damien and I, he's staying at my place tonight. 

I see a car pull up next to Y/N and she puts her bags in the back, I look to see who's driving and it's a girl about the same age as her. Must be her roommate. I watch as she gets in and the car drives off.

"See you Monday." I whisper.

"Did you say something?" Damien asks.

"Nope." I reply.