Mini chapter

*Serena POV*

HE WON! HE FINALLY WON! HE BEAT ALAIN AFTER ALL THIS TIME!

I was shaking in pure excitement and happiness, I was ecstatic. For Ash and Ash alone. 

"You seem pretty happy, was the match that entertaining?" Aria asked as she patted me on the back. 

"Yeah, it was amazing!" I replied with starry eyes. 

"Oh right, I get it. After all, the one who won is your crush." Aria teased, which made me blush intensely. 

"WAIT! I- UH, NO WAIT, I..." I stuttered, trying to find the words to say as I was flailing my arms around while having a blush as red as a tomato on my face. 

"You're not denying it? I see..." Aria chuckled. 

"I guess you're right..." I replied silently. "I kinda wanna see him..." 

"Then go ahead, Serena." Aria said, startling me a little. 

"HOW DID YOU HEAR THAT!?" I yelled, I was sure I said it quietly. 

"I'm literally sitting right next to you, Serena." Aria said as she crossed her arms and smirked. 

"Fair point." I replied as I scratched the next back of my neck while sweating. 

"By the way, if you want to go see him, you'd better do it now." Aria said as I nodded and took her advice. I jumped out of my seat and ran towards Ash's locker room. I was expecting to see Ash, but instead, I saw... Gary?

"Huh? Who're you?" Gary asked as he put his water bottle down. 

"Oh? Isn't this Ash's locker room?" I asked. 

"It is, I'm just here to congratulate him for winning that battle." Gary said as he stood up from his seat and walked over to me. "Have you seen him?" 

"Uh no, I haven't." I replied. 

"Wait a minute... I recognise you! You're that straw hat girl that he hung out with at gramp's Pokemon camp!" Gary said. 

"Yes, it is I. I'm Serena, nice to meet you." I said with a small smile. 

"So you're that girl that has had a crush on ol' Ashy-boy, eh?" Gary asked as he chuckled a bit. 

"Y-Yeah, I guess you could say that..." I said timidly as I blushed a little. 

"Yeah well, he's quite a lucky guy." Gary said. "Anyway, I'm tired of waiting for him. I'll take my leave now. Anyway, do me a solid and help me congratulate him. I'm counting on ya!" Gary said as he took his leave. 

"SERENA!" A voice yelled from behind, I knew who exactly it was. 

"Ash!" I said as Ash came running towards me, with a big smile on his face. 

"Congratulations on beating Alain and progressing to the next round." I said. 

"Thank you, Serena. Man! If only Clemont and Bonnie were here to see my victory, they'd be so proud of me!" Ash said.

"I'm sure they are... Who knows, they could be watching this tournament live." I said while placing a finger on my chin while looking upwards. 

"I guess that could be true." Ash said. "All things aside, I'm really glad that you came to watch me battle..." 

What Ash said made me blush, was I someone special to him? 

"Serena, you okay?" Ash asked as he placed his forehead on mine. "Huh, you've got a small fever." 

Ash handed a small bottle of water which I gladly took and drank, he really is caring isn't he? 

"Feeling better?" Ash asked. 

"Yeah." I replied. 

"Serena, I have a question for you." Ash said. 

"What is it?" I asked. 

"If I win this tournament, will you be my girlfriend?" Ash asked as he extended his arm towards me.