Flashback I

"No way, no. You're not coming with me. No. You can't" I knew he was going to insist but two can play this game. I looked at Glenn who was standing there in front of the car, with a one side smile and sparkly eyes, it was like his eyes and smile were telling me that I knew what was gonna happen if I didn't let him come with me. "Fine. Get in the car. But God, I swear, if you tell any of this to the judge everytime someone asks me how many siblings do I have I'm gonna say just one" he buckles up his seatbell and laughs.

It is a 20 minute drive from my place to Sam's, not including traffic, by foot probably 35 minutes. It's now 1:36am, I'm driving with one hand on the wheel and the other resting in the open window, ocasionally running my fingers through my hair.
"So, what's your plan?" Glenn asks me.
"What do you mean?" I say, trying to know what he's talking about.
"Well, I don't know for how long do you plan to be with Sam but this car needs to be back before dad finds out it's gone" said Glenn, looking at a distance through the window "also, if you want to keep your head over your shoulders this car really should be back where it belongs" said Glenn finally.
"Wow, you really are something Glenn. I didn't know you were so boring and such a coward"
"Excuse you! Under which terms do you get to call me that?" He looked over at me, raising an eyebrow, expecting an answer.
"Why do you have to lick the judge's balls all the fucking time. You do nothing for yourself, you always do what he says. C'mon Glenn, grow some balls"
"First of all, fuck you. Second, I do not always do what dad says and third, I do stuff on my own, just because you don't know about them doesn't mean I don't do them" he said, calmly I must say "I just don't want dad to freak the fuck out if he finds out about this. Honestly Hank, I'm so tired of you two fighting over anything and everything. That house it's like a fucking battle field, man. I don't want you to give dad another reason for a fight".
"Is that why you wanted to come with me?" I said, giving him my best puppy eye look.
"No. I just really wanted to be alone with you and have a little chat" he said sarcastically "you idiot".
I half smile to myself knowing that that was the closest thing to an 'I love you' from Glenn.

I park the car two houses down from Sam's, take the keys and just when I'm about to get out of the car I turn to Glenn.
"What are you gonna do while I'm with Sam?"
"Let me the keys, I'm starving. I'll get something to eat"
"You're going in the car?!"
"No, you idiot. I'm flying away on my magic carpet. Of course, I'm taking the car!"
"Listen Glenn, if something happens to this car I'll ki.."
"Oh, shut up! Who was the one who took the car without permission in the first place? Besides, I'm the older brother and I drive better than you" said Glenn a little irritated.
"Fine. Here" I hand him over the keys "Don't go for too long".
"Yeah. Whatever"

___________________

This is like the sixth time I climb the tree outside Sam's house to be able to get to her balcony and then her bedroom. I'd like to be looking at myself climbing this, a Hank awkwardly climbing the tree and another Hank with its feet on the ground staring intently and laughing to himself while he sees himself trying to climb a tree to see a girl. "God, I must look ridiculous" I say to myself.

I close the balcony window once inside, tonight's a little chilly. The room lights only by Sam's bedside table lamp and the light that comes from the bathroom door slightly opened. I hear the shower running and very silently open the door. I stand there, with my head against the door frame admiring Sam whilst the water runs through all her body, head to toes, she looks over her shoulder and smiles seeing me.

"Need a little help with that?" I ask, looking straight to her eyes.

"Hey there stranger" she says, giving me the most beautiful smile I've ever seen in any girls face, "and no, thank you. I know how to shower since I was a little kid".

Sam dries herself with a towel, and I realize I'm still gazing at her. She slowly starts at her legs when suddenly she looks up, not stoping what she's doing and says to me "Stop staring, I know I look good" leaving me with a nervous shocking smile on my face.

I sit on her bed while she comes out of the bathroom drying her hair with another towel, tosses the towel aside, walks over to me, lifting her robe up to her thighs, seating on my lap, both her legs covering my waist, and wrapping her arms around my neck she softly whispers against my lips "Hi there, stranger" again.

I close my eyes, smelling her soapy scent, feeling her soft robe with my hands and our lips find each other, locking them for what it seems like five glorious seconds. We pull away, I'm still with my eyes closed, but when I open them I see Sam with the biggest smile on her face.

"I think that's my favorite thing about you" I say almost breathless.

"Is it? What thing?"

"Your smile. I could look at you smiling 24/7. I love how you leave me breathless with just a five second kiss, I mean five seconds! We didn't even use our tongues".

"Well, let me make that up for you" and she kisses me, yes, this time with tongue, a long, very slow, lower lip biting, passionate kiss. She smiles against my mouth, making me smile too, what caused her to burst out laughing.

"Was that good enough for you, Mr. Palmer?" she said with her nose touching mine.

"I.." 

"Oh, wow. You passed from breathless to speechless" she laughs at me again.

"You're so mean to me" I say, and I laugh against her neck.