Part 15

We all had hopped over the stone wall and started making our way through the jungle of a yard. There were stone statues covered with overgrowth. Most of them were cracked or broken from years of neglect. We all stayed close as we made our way deeper into the yard. This place would be really pretty if it was taken care of and cleaned up. The yard around the house was huge.

"Guys you know whose house this is, right", Kie asked as she looked back at us.

"Oh, yeah. No I do", JJ said as he reached back and took my hand.

"Honestly, I don't really believe the stories of this place", John B said from the back of our little single file fine.

"Me either, honestly", I agreed with John B.

"SHHH", Pope hushed us.

"What?", John B questioned as we kept walking.

JJ dropped my hand and ran up to Kie and asked her, "Which stories did you hear?"

"The one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since. On certain nights, when the moon is full...You can see her in the window", Kie said putting her hands up and being a little theatrical.

"No, it's not funny, cause its all true!", JJ said surely looking back at Pope, John B, and I.

"I swear to God, guys, this is all real. I knew Hollis. Geez!", JJ kept on.

"Wait", Pope questioned, and we all stopped, "You knew Hollis Crain?"

JJ nodded, "Yeah dude!"

"How do you know Hollis Crain?", I asked him.

"She was my babysitter. She told me all about it. Told me the truth...about her mother and what happened in this house", he explained and nodded his head in the direction of the house, which we were closer to than thought, "So as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father and she was a murderer and all. Hollis didn't believe it. Until that night."

"What night?", John B asked him.

"It all came back to her", JJ explained, "When Hollis was six years old, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in the sink...full of blood. Her mother just says that she cut her finger. The next morning, she says her and her father split up, but then Hollis noticed something. Her mother going into the parlor constantly. In and out and in and out with plastic bags. Weeks pass, and Hollis decides to use the outhouse. And as she's using it, she looks down and she finds her father's head looking straight back at her."

"You are soooo full of shit", John scoffed at him.

"Boys we have gold to find, let's stop the campfire stories', I said as John B and I started to walk off.

"Woah!", JJ halted me by wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me back to him, "Are you sure you want to do this? She's an axe murderer man", he said to John, "You got a cast on."

"I don't give a shit if she's an axe murder okay? I got nothing to lose, right? You coming or what?", he asked looking at each of us before continuing on.

JJ let me go and we all followed John B until he stopped and hunkered down and we all followed his lead, "So here's the plan. We need to look for the wheat near the water like it said in Denmark's letter."

"Okay, like, what kind of water? Like, pond water?", Pope asked.

JJ chuckled, "Bong water?"

I smacked his arm and he looked back at me, "What?"