Part 2

I rolled over and into something hard, well someone. It was JJ at my side like usual. He looked so peaceful and innocent when he slept. I reached up and brushed some blonde hair from his face then got up. John B's house was quiet, which meant everyone else was probably still asleep. I walked out of the room and slipped on my sneakers which sat next to the pullout bed. Kie was half awake and gave me a small wave.

"Morning Kie", I told her.

She rolled back over and pulled the blanket over her head. I went over and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge then made my way outside to see John B in the hammock. I walked out and peaked over the hammock.

"Room for one more?", I asked.

He turned back and looked at me and nodded at me to join him. I walked around and sat next to him. We both stayed quiet and watched the sun rise.

John B was like a brother to me. I met him in the 3rd grade when some boys where picking on me because of my braids. John B took up for me and we've been friends ever since. Through him I met JJ and my world was never the same. These two boys are the closest thing I have to family. Of course, Pope and Kiara are my family too, but John B and JJ, they're my world. My home life wasn't something great. My mom split when I was a kid and my dad...Well. He has his moments. My dad and JJ's dad are good drinking buddies and encourage each other to do stupid things. They aren't worth much.

"I have a meeting with DCS today", John B said breaking the silence and my train of thought.

"DCS?", I asked turning to look at him.

"Yeah. It's finally got around that Uncle T hasn't been around. I'm gonna try to dodge them", he said. I could he was worried.

"Just tell them he's here. Let's see how far we can get with that."

"We?", he asked.

"Yes. We. Pogues stick together, even when one is getting threated to get dragged to the mainland", I said with a reassuring smile and a nudge to his shoulder.

"Thanks Y/n/n."

                                                                                         ***

Hurricane Agatha. She sent the whole cost into prep and lock down. They started the sirens early and JJ and I decided to wait the storm out at John B's. JJ and I were in charge of getting the HMS Pogue out of the water, while John B went to the dock to grab a few things. Once JJ and I got the boat up we headed inside, and I cleaned up. JJ sat on the couch and rolled a few joints while I made my way through the kitchen/living room area picking up empty beer bottles and cans. As I moved around the space, I felt eyes on me.

I looked back at JJ, "Are you checking me out?"

He smirked, "Nah. Not all of you anyway."

I rolled my eyes, "Smoke your joints and keep your eyes to yourself."

He laughed and did as he was told. Soon after I was done cleaning, I joined him. I made him get up and I pulled out the pull out and made up the bed and we just lounged while we waited for John B to get back. JJ and I finished the joint then laid down on the bed and just looked up the ceiling.

"John B tell you how it went with DCS?", I asked JJ.

He sighed loudly, "They're suppose to do a home visit tomorrow. They're expecting Teddy to be here. I think....I think John B might actually get taken."